Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Other Fish
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 09-10-2012, 10:58 AM   #1 
PaulO

Talking Mollies better than Plecos or Otos *Gasp*

I am seriously starting to consider calling my mollies, brackish alkaline catfish. I love these guys, I feed them 2 times a day alternating between flakes and algae tablets( which they absolutely love) and today I woke to a whole new surprise. My whole tank is completely algae free, I had a little growing on the glass. Not to mention they have completely scrubbed down my filter sponge and it looks as good as new. I've read that mollies like to graze and look for small snacks even after eating but I can't believe that pertains to this level of cleaning. Do you guys think I am feeding them enough? I usually throw some flakes in and stop once they loose interest in them. Afterwards the get these little bellies and all swim to the still moving part of my aquarium where they all swim together digesting the previous meal lol. Point being even though these mollies have been a nuisance these little quirks about them alway manage to pleasantly surprise me.
PaulO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 09:43 PM   #2 
homegrown terror

well, our community tank is completely algae-free, maybe our mollies are the ones to thank :)
homegrown terror is offline   Reply With Quote