Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 09-10-2012, 03:46 PM   #11 
megaredize

he is soooo cute
megaredize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 04:03 PM   #12 
sareena79

cute fish! I just got my betta about 8wks ago and I have been crusing this forum quite regualrly when I have a question about his care. mostly I just wanna know what to call his color.
I named him Sushi, which apparently after reading a few posts isnt as clever as I thought lol but gets alot of laughs from freinds... but I should have named him Jaws cuz he thinks hes pretty viscious lol. I know hes a crowntail but I was wondering if someone could help me with what his "technical" color is. at a glance he appears like a regualr blue betta but when the light hits him he just GLOWS Ima try to post a pic but like I said Im a newbie so bear with me.....
sareena79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 04:47 PM   #13 
laynisample

Quote:
Originally Posted by sareena79 View Post
cute fish! I just got my betta about 8wks ago and I have been crusing this forum quite regualrly when I have a question about his care. mostly I just wanna know what to call his color.
I named him Sushi, which apparently after reading a few posts isnt as clever as I thought lol but gets alot of laughs from freinds... but I should have named him Jaws cuz he thinks hes pretty viscious lol. I know hes a crowntail but I was wondering if someone could help me with what his "technical" color is. at a glance he appears like a regualr blue betta but when the light hits him he just GLOWS Ima try to post a pic but like I said Im a newbie so bear with me.....
From what I've seen in my research while getting my guy, I think yours is a multicolor. (real specific I know, but it's an actual color )
laynisample is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 08:14 PM   #14 
sareena79

thats kinda what I was thinking too but man I was hoping he had some fancy name lol oh well hes my handsome fiesty boy. a real brat of a fish but I woudnt have it any other way
Old 09-10-2012, 08:35 PM   #15 
lavendre

The name Angel comes to mind.
lavendre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 08:49 PM   #16 
laynisample

I named him Eko. Also... I bought another one. He's a pretty boy too and I named him Malcom.

Sorry for the blurry picture. He wouldn't stop moving.

Old 09-10-2012, 09:28 PM   #17 
Perseusmom
TFK Moderator

Cute names and he is also very pretty !
Perseusmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 07:56 PM   #18 
laynisample

I'm still trying to get some better pictures of Malcom. For some reason his water is a lot cloudier than Eko's. I think he might be an orange dalmation, but he has a brown body. They're both two extremely pretty boys and I am extremely happy with my first betta purchases. I have definitely been bitten by the bug and once I move to my own place (currently am only supposed to have one tank, ten gallons or less in my dorm room, but I have two three gallons) I will be getting more. :D
Old 09-11-2012, 09:25 PM   #19 
sareena79

yeah if I had a bigger place I would probably have multiple tanks but for now I just have my stinker in a little 2gal but he has real and fake plants and smooth marbles to lay on as well as a small heater and thermometer (no filter but 100% weekly water changes with conditioner) he seems really happy and healthy, but i have been eye-balling different tanks for when I can convince the hubby that he needs new digs
Old 09-11-2012, 09:33 PM   #20 
teeneythebetta

Quote:
Originally Posted by sareena79 View Post
yeah if I had a bigger place I would probably have multiple tanks but for now I just have my stinker in a little 2gal but he has real and fake plants and smooth marbles to lay on as well as a small heater and thermometer (no filter but 100% weekly water changes with conditioner) he seems really happy and healthy, but i have been eye-balling different tanks for when I can convince the hubby that he needs new digs
Im sure he is still a pretty happy guy!
Although for your tank if reccomend two weekly water changes, 1 50% an 1 100% water change :)
teeneythebetta is offline   Reply With Quote