Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 09-10-2012, 08:36 PM   #11 
mcneivra

that sounds like a rough experience, dramaqueen. hopefully you'll be anxiety free soon!
mcneivra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 08:47 PM   #12 
dramaqueen
Banned

Thank you.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 09:26 PM   #13 
finnfinnfriend

Thank you for all the suggestions! And I hope you get rid of your anxiety DQ!
finnfinnfriend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 10:31 PM   #14 
dramaqueen
Banned

I'm doing a lot better now than I was 2 years ago. I'm still taking care of my mom but we're moving to Texas so that should help. We're moving close to my brother.
Old 09-11-2012, 12:13 AM   #15 
finnfinnfriend

That's good to have family nearby (IF you get along with them, lol). It just adds to the support system.
finnfinnfriend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 12:21 AM   #16 
dramaqueen
Banned

lol Yeah, we get along fine. My brother is out of town a lot but we'll have my sister in law. He's home for long stretches of time so we can do things. He's putting in a pool next spring so that will be nice. We'll also go to the commissary with him to get groceries and make trips to Austin to Whole Foods. That place is huuuggggeee. It's awesome!
Old 09-11-2012, 08:12 AM   #17 
Turtle4353

You do could do a project when he is away like a new fish tank or knitting, as suggested above. Seeing a pet store betta in the cup then making him feel better, you could make yourself feel better. Don't worry about being alone though, cause we ALL on this forum want to talk to you!! 😃
Turtle4353 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 11:05 AM   #18 
dramaqueen
Banned

Yup, we're here for you. Since I'm a lot older than a lot of you I feel like some of you are my kids. Lol
Old 09-11-2012, 11:44 AM   #19 
TheCrabbyTabby

Finnfinn, you might want to consider some therapy sessions. They do wonders, apparently. I am going to ask about a therapist when I visit my psychiatrist in a couple of days. I have a few things I want to work on.

Last edited by TheCrabbyTabby; 09-11-2012 at 11:47 AM.
TheCrabbyTabby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 11:56 AM   #20 
registereduser

Thankfully I have never needed meds to function except when I was going thru menopause and was emotionally a mess for about a year. Even then I was able to find some herbal stuff that really helped without going the traditional chemical route. (Beyond Vitex, try it ladies!)

Two of my sibs have anxiety issues and take meds that help them. I get upset and shaky at work sometimes, but I think that is normal.

I have a friend who is in her 60s and FINALLY starting to see a doctor about her depression. She has only seen a therapist twice so far and I see a difference. Even with friends and family to talk to, there is nothing like telling a stranger all your secrets and problems KNOWING they will never tell anyone else. If you find one you like and one who truly listens and cares, stick with them and never miss an appointment.
registereduser is offline   Reply With Quote