Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 09-10-2012, 06:10 PM   #1 
LadyVictorian

Fun Tank Toys and Decoration

Hey guys I would like to know what some of you guys keep in your betta tank to keep them occupied. I can't help but think a cave and three plants is enough for Aquarius since a lot of the day he is bored unless I break out the mirror or the food. Every time I change his water I try to rearange the tank a bit so it's always new but you know. What are some fun decorations and toys you recommend for him?
LadyVictorian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 06:13 PM   #2 
teeneythebetta

I've heard of some bettas enjoying playing with ping pong balls and water bottle caps to float at the surface :)
teeneythebetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 06:16 PM   #3 
Sapphoira

How big is your tank? My bettas LOVE hunting my ghost shrimp that I recently added to their tanks :) I've also heard that some bettas like to bump around a ping pong ball at the water's surface!

*edit* dang it, Teeney, there I go posting the same thing as you seconds after you've submitted yours!
Sapphoira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 06:18 PM   #4 
teeneythebetta

Quote:
Originally Posted by sapphoira View Post
how big is your tank? My bettas love hunting my ghost shrimp that i recently added to their tanks :) i've also heard that some bettas like to bump around a ping pong ball at the water's surface!

*edit* dang it, teeney, there i go posting the same thing as you seconds after you've submitted yours!
muahahahhaha
teeneythebetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 06:22 PM   #5 
Perseusmom
TFK Moderator

Mine loves his caves I have two small ones and he loves to explore them swimming in and out checking everything out on the bottom of his home. He also loves the floating log and enjoys the floating Hornwort live plant, he likes to sleep in it but at first he attacked it as it was his first live plant..lol He pokes at the moss balls with his nose sometimes, he is always doing something he swims and plays all day and evening till bedtime around 10 .
Perseusmom is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 06:35 PM   #6 
LadyVictorian

I have a 5 gallon. It's really 5.5 but I don't fill it all the way up. I leave space for enough air at the surface for fear he will suffocate with the lid on the tank. Ping pong balls I can do, my rats have some. I normally get new ones each moth to replace the old ones because they enjoy chasing them.
Old 09-10-2012, 06:48 PM   #7 
Sapphoira

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyVictorian View Post
I have a 5 gallon. It's really 5.5 but I don't fill it all the way up. I leave space for enough air at the surface for fear he will suffocate with the lid on the tank. Ping pong balls I can do, my rats have some. I normally get new ones each moth to replace the old ones because they enjoy chasing them.
erm I would sanitize anything from rats that goes in the tank, just to be safe.
Sapphoira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 06:49 PM   #8 
lelei

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyVictorian View Post
If you have a 5 gal, you have room for a Betta Floating Log, it is great my Sammy loves it soo much..he hides in it, goes in and out, and just hangs off of it too, like a diving board...lol..just gotta watch out, after having it a while, paint chips..but still can use it And Big leave plants..so they can hide, and play through the leaves..I love the Amazon Plants, they are great for that..
lelei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 06:56 PM   #9 
LadyVictorian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sapphoira View Post
erm I would sanitize anything from rats that goes in the tank, just to be safe.
Oh I wouldn't give him the ones the rats used. When I buy a new batch of balls I would give him one that the rats would have and set it aside just for him. No my rats do not share toys, my moms dogs learned that when we lived together.
Old 09-10-2012, 07:09 PM   #10 
lelei

This is just to show how I do my Sammy's tank, but I have it changed around a lot..and this was before I added the "Floating Log"
Name:  CIMG1087.jpg
Views: 688
Size:  85.2 KB

He used to love the bridge, but I changed it to a cave, and the Log

Name:  CIMG1303.jpg
Views: 727
Size:  75.4 KB
lelei is offline   Reply With Quote