Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 09-10-2012, 08:57 AM   #1 
RSC17

Aqueon Evolve2 Filter WAY TOO POWERFUL

I'm looking for ideas to slow down the flow of the filter pump that came with my tank. I'm new around here and to keeping fish so explanations in laymen's terms will help me out a lot. I've seen people saying that they baffled their filters with foam etc. What do I buy and where do I put it? Also, I thought about putting a piece of filter into the filter output nozzle to help disperse the flow coming out of it. My Betta really isn't being sucked into the filter grate but it seems he is working way too hard to get around his tank.

Any suggestions would be much appreciated. Thank you.
RSC17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 07:28 PM   #2 
Sapphoira

I've been trying out a lot of filters lately, and the members here have fully converted me to sponge filters :) I have one of these http://www.amazon.com/Jardin-Aquariu...=sponge+filter

you hook it up to an air pump, and it is practically no flow, still helps clarify the water, and creates an ideal environment for your beneficial bacteria.

I also have an Aquaclear 20, which is an HOB (hangs on back) filter that is adjustable but the media is expensive as you have to buy the fluval stuff.
Sapphoira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 07:33 PM   #3 
megaredize

a baffle would work like sponge or even a water bottle found this link to explain the water bottle baffle its from our forum http://www.bettafish.com/showthread.php?t=30139
megaredize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 07:36 PM   #4 
DiiQue

I have the evolve 8 and think you can baffle the 2 the same way. I just took a piece of aquarium sponge I bought at the Pet shop and used a rubber band to attach it to where the water gushes out into the main tank. No more current issues for me afterwards.
DiiQue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 07:38 PM   #5 
buddhauser

A baffle does wonders using a cut up water bottle. Looks a little tacky but works!
buddhauser is offline   Reply With Quote