Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 09-10-2012, 06:29 PM   #1 
ChoclateBetta
Banned

What do you all think of my avatar picture and signature. I think the cat picture is cute and accurate and the signature is interesting and great to me.
ChoclateBetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 06:36 PM   #2 
Sapphoira

I like them! other than the fact that I can't read the text at the bottom of the picture... but it's pretty adorable. And I think "bowls are for soup, not fish" is very topical for the forum and a good sentiment :)
Sapphoira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 06:55 PM   #3 
ChoclateBetta
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sapphoira View Post
I like them! other than the fact that I can't read the text at the bottom of the picture... but it's pretty adorable. And I think "bowls are for soup, not fish" is very topical for the forum and a good sentiment :)
Thank you I got the idea from yahoo that is an anti bowl one. I am wondering what do you define as a bowl under a gallon, round.
Old 09-10-2012, 07:07 PM   #4 
Sapphoira

]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChoclateBetta View Post
Thank you I got the idea from yahoo that is an anti bowl one. I am wondering what do you define as a bowl under a gallon, round.

A round container wider than it is deep used mainly for holding liquids...

I wouldn't put a gallon equivalent, because some bowls can be quite large. I've seen home decor type bowls that look like fishbowls that have to be like 5-10 gallons. However, a fish bowl I would definitely say under 2 gallons just because that is what is actually sold it seems like.
Old 09-10-2012, 07:15 PM   #5 
ChoclateBetta
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sapphoira View Post
]

A round container wider than it is deep used mainly for holding liquids...

I wouldn't put a gallon equivalent, because some bowls can be quite large. I've seen home decor type bowls that look like fishbowls that have to be like 5-10 gallons. However, a fish bowl I would definitely say under 2 gallons just because that is what is actually sold it seems like.
Yeah a lot of bowl keepers have never seen a healthy Betta healthy active curios not fat. A lot of bowl keepers would wonder what my fish in my 10 or 20 gallon tank are and when I tell them 1 year Betta or 2 year Betta for the other they would be shocked like Bettas can be happy in "big" tanks I do not consider my tanks big or Bettas can live past a year. I am okay with bowls if it is heated 2.5 gallon tank good water changes food and hiding spots.
Old 09-10-2012, 07:20 PM   #6 
Sapphoira

I dislike my smaller tanks (which I use as QT and temporary homes when I acquire a new fish that doesn't yet have a home) simply because I have a hard time keeping the cycle going, and unfiltered 2.5 gallons means the ammonia begins to be present after 3 days - which is a lot of water changes especially when I'm working and trying to finish college AND keeping up with the household!
Old 09-10-2012, 07:21 PM   #7 
Bettagirl101

I like your avatar. I would love to have one and have a signature. Can you tell me how I can get an avatar and a signature?
Bettagirl101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 07:24 PM   #8 
ChoclateBetta
Banned

User CP there is Edit signature and edit Avatar drag a pic to avatar and write what you want for signature just please do not do exactly what I did.
Old 09-10-2012, 07:27 PM   #9 
lelei

Please don't tell me that is a real cat, in that bowl..how the heck does it get out? It makes the statement, but I feel bad for that cat:(
lelei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 07:32 PM   #10 
Sapphoira

Quote:
Originally Posted by lelei View Post
Please don't tell me that is a real cat, in that bowl..how the heck does it get out? It makes the statement, but I feel bad for that cat:(

Lol cats can get in and out of anything!! I've seen so many cats play around with climbing into small spaces like vases and the like, they are like little houdinis.