Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Other Fish
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 09-19-2012, 03:06 PM   #11 
PaulO

wow that sucks... definitely post a few pics and make sure it is coumnaris, I've heard from people who got caught up with columnaris. Definitely treat quickly IF you are sure, as it can kill your fish overnight :/. Also for my filter intake I bought this sponge prefilter by fluval and i LOVE it. It reduces the intake and I also like to squirt their flakes on it. The suction keeps it in place from swimming all over the place and the mollies get a kick out of scrubbing the sponge down. here is a link to the product I definitely recommend it.

http://www.petsmart.com/product/inde...&lmdn=SHOP+FOR

It will squeeze (lightly) around the intake and will stay in place with help from the suction. I have it on my aquaclear 30 and it is awesome.
PaulO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 04:17 PM   #12 
prodrumernate

there r a few pix posted on another post..thats where some1 mentioned columnaris..after doing research on it and reading the info given,she has a lot of the symptoms..shes being treated.though i dont have the exact meds needed.but ive got some.all i can do is keep waiting and treating her..

those of filter are great for breeding tanks.i thought of making my own here..but since i have quiet a stock in my tanks..i needed something more powerful.ended up making a powerhead filter for my 20 gallon hex thats has my mollies and roy red minnows in it..the 2 10 gallons have the stock filter since they arent quiet as many fish in them..

but i do agree with ur filter..if i breed any of my fish.thats the kinda filter im going with..just dont have room to setup my 20 gallon breeder ;)
prodrumernate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 11:16 PM   #13 
PaulO

Lol just to clear up confusion tank is 5.5 gallon filter is rated for a 20 but I am running with a pump for a 10 as well as an adjustable valve otherwise it would be pandemonium.(huge mess i know) also good luck with your molly, hope she pulls through and chances are she will mollies are as hardy as mountain goats :)
Old 09-20-2012, 12:26 PM   #14 
prodrumernate

u have a great setup then..i thought of getting a small 5 gallon breeder myself since i have room for that.but didnt know if there would be enough space.dont know if anything happened to my mollies fry..but once she recovers and shows signs of giving birth..then ill need to put her somewhere..since i start work next week that should give me a chance to get a small 5 gallon and a few other things for a breeder......thank you..she seems to be doing better..regenerating new scales now and the dead tissue has fallen off.but still treating her and keeping an eye on her..im glad they r hardy..she is fighting it..and im glad she is :)
Old 09-24-2012, 05:22 PM   #15 
PaulO

Hey that is awesome to hear, funny story when we came back and found the fry I actually ended up sticking all 11 of them in those tiny Petco Betta cups :P, the next morning we went and bought the tank along with some supplies, unfortunately no pet stores in the area had a sponge filter so I had to order online, the only thing is I read that it can work with either an airstone(which I had) or a powerhead(no idea what that was :P) yea but I think I'm gonna have to upload some more pics because some of them have gotten quite big and their coloration is now showing.
Old 09-24-2012, 06:32 PM   #16 
prodrumernate

air stone would be great for fry..it wont create too strong of a suction..if u use a power head..make sure u have a thick sponge on it...ive got several power heads i got off craigslist to which i will turn in to filters etc....i didnt even know what it was and i owned a few until i did research and seen pix of some setups.im like oh well i can do that..got plenty of different styles :) definitely upload some pix.id like to see what they look like as time progresses