Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Pictures
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 12-18-2013, 02:27 PM   #1 
lainaxoberst

Talking Conor's fin regrowth!

This is my first betta, Conor. When I brought him home less than a year ago, I really did not know what I was in for. At the store, I did not know how to look for a healthy fish, and ended up buying him even though he already had the beginnings of som nasty fin rot. I had him in a 1gallon "tank" for about three weeks before my friend - who is also a betta lover - pointed out that I was doing pretty much everything wrong. If I had not changed things when I did, he probably would not have made it.
After buying him a whole 5.5 gallon setup, removing the plastic plants, buying a heater and getting into the habit of regular water changes, he started perking up pretty fast. Now, seven months later his fin regrowth is looking wonderful.

I still feel bad that my ignorance got him so sick in the first place. But after working so hard to save his life - and succeeding, I've learned so much about bettas. And I've become truly attached to my little fighter :) I hate to pick favorites, but he is my favorite!

This is Conor back in May :(

This was taken a couple of weeks ago, and his fins are growing still :)

lainaxoberst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2013, 05:56 PM   #2 
JustinieBeanie

Wow what a change! And don't feel too bad, you got educated, made the necessary changes and nowhe looks great! Plus, like you said, he already had fin rot when he was at the store before you got him, so that wasn't your fault.
JustinieBeanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2013, 06:06 PM   #3 
Kithy

He's looking great! Sometimes fins never grow back properly but they're looking fantastic!
Kithy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2013, 03:27 PM   #4 
peachii

You did an awesome job. Really you should feel proud. You saved a sick betta and made his life better, in fact saved his life and got him all the proper equipment he needs to be a happy and healthy for the years to come.
peachii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2013, 03:33 PM   #5 
Elsewhere

Wow, he looks fabulous! You did an amazing job with him!
Elsewhere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2013, 05:06 PM   #6 
lainaxoberst

Thank you so much guys, I love him so much, even if he isn't the prettiest of my fish. He is a little trooper ^u^
lainaxoberst is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fin regrowth, fin rot, success