Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 09-12-2012, 12:38 PM   #1 
LizzyP

Betta pictures-help

A quick questions for those that take awesome pictures of their bettas all the time and get awesome ones. And this isn't really for good pictures of my fish, but for when there's a problem I'd like to be able to post them so people know I'm not crazy.

Okay, so Dumbledore is either A. Terrified of the camera or B. So bigheaded he can't help but flare and zoom around his tank, resulting in red, blurry fish. I'm thinking the 2nd because he really is rather cocky.

Jonah is absolutely terrified of the camera, so I won't even attempt his pictures.

How do you guys get your bettas to hold still? I've tried sticking my finger above the water for his attention, but he jumps thinking there's food. I have dozens, probably hundreds of pictures of blurry fish.

Thanks guys.
Lizzy
LizzyP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 12:45 PM   #2 
Perseusmom
TFK Moderator

I know what you mean Perseus was that way when I first got him he would not stay still for a picture and as soon as he saw my iphone(what I use for pics) he would take off but now after having him for 3 months he almost poses for pictures, when he sees the iphone now he loves it. The other day I was just trying to get a picture of the live plants I have and he totally had to get in that picture...lol

Just kept trying till they get used to your camera I would just show to them often without trying to get a picture and just talk to them and maybe they will used to seeing it and stay still for you. Good luck and I never thought I would be able to get pics of Perseus so hang in there !
Perseusmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 02:52 PM   #3 
LadyVictorian

Aquarius is a show off, has been since day one. My first picture I took of him he was just chilling in front of the camera and flared up his fins. I think it's just a personality thing. Some fish don't mind staying stills and others just won't do it.
LadyVictorian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 03:00 PM   #4 
Gryphon

It totally depends on the fish. My CT will flare whenever he sees the camera and he stays still in the middle of his tank while I take the picture. As soon as he can't see the camera, he goes back to being his normal active self. On the other hand, my HM is so full of sass that it is almost impossible to get a decent pic of him. I probably take a good hundred pics before I get a semi-clear shot. I have found that he will stay in one spot better if he is eating or has just eaten, so I feed him right as I begin to take pics.

I think you will just have to learn his quirks and have patience with him. Hopefully he will learn how to be a good fish when the camera comes out.
Gryphon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 03:02 PM   #5 
deso

Keep snapping away, regardless of whether he's zooming around or not, and check on your computer afterwards if you've managed to get a good shot. Out of every 50 - 100 or so photos I take of Modi, I'd say there's only one or two useable ones, and if I'm lucky that day, a good one.
deso is offline   Reply With Quote