Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Pictures
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 09-11-2012, 09:23 PM   #1 
KappaTheImp

Check out my new rescue, and the rest of the fam!

My boyfriend's daughter rescued this little guy from some lady's wedding reception. She was using him and about 20 others as center pieces at her reception, after which she poured them into a bucket to dispose of. My boyfriend's daughter took them away from her and separated them back out, bringing one to me, and returning the rest to the pet shop they came from.

Meet the Engineer!

He's got a pretty good chunk taken out of his tail, but aside from that he's a happy healthy boy. He's a heck of a bubblenest builder too, unlike some bettas in this household.

Second to Engineer, this little lady is the newest in the family. I think she's a grizzle patterned crowntail, correct me if I'm wrong. If anyone would like to help me name her, she's still a blank fish.

And shunning her tankmate Solly through the divider

The formerly floaty Miss Pauling! Healthy for going on 2 months now!

Really showing off her colors

Walmart, after his recent traumatic experience of flaring at himself so hard he blew a fin, healing right up.

This is Soldier, he fails at building bubble nests. Instead he blows bubbles all over the place and makes the whole surface feel sticky and gross.

And finally, my first boy, BLU!

Wow, didn't mean to spam you all up with THAT many images... I guess I just like to show them off. If anyone can give me more information on their patterns and colors, I'd love to know. I want to get more into the hobby, but there's ALOT of information out there to take in.
KappaTheImp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 11:01 PM   #2 
AdonisVsqz

They were going to dispose of the bettas? OH MAN, what I would've done to rescue one! Anyway, they all look fantastic but I really like Soldier, just because he looks (and seems to act) really quirky haha
AdonisVsqz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 11:07 PM   #3 
Gryphon

Sometimes I am amazed at the utter stupidity that seems to surround some people...

Glad to hear that all the bettas were saved (and that you were able to keep one)

You have very nice looking fish!
Gryphon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 07:04 AM   #4 
KappaTheImp

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdonisVsqz View Post
They were going to dispose of the bettas? OH MAN, what I would've done to rescue one! Anyway, they all look fantastic but I really like Soldier, just because he looks (and seems to act) really quirky haha
Soldier's such a great little fish. Ugly as sin if you're looking at him from a breeder's perspective, but what an attitude. He flares at EVERYTHING. He flares at my boyfriend when he walks past. He'll also swim right into my hand when I'm working on his tank moving plants around or whatever. I have to cup him sometimes just to get him out of the way.

And his total failure at bubble nesting makes me laugh, until I have to put my hand in the water. Then it's just eeuuuuaaagh. I don't know how exactly they build the nests, but it's like the whole surface is covered in betta spit.
Old 09-12-2012, 08:12 AM   #5 
GreyHounD

I would say I think they were not sold immediately is because they are long fin'd.

Which are not beautiful to some people...

Congrats on the save! Take care of them properly! And remember don't attempt to breed them if you don't know where to place them! :)

Cause you have rescued a lot!

CONGRATS!
GreyHounD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 10:19 AM   #6 
a123andpoof

Some people! Grr. Anyways he is a handsome guy! And good for the girl who rescued them!
a123andpoof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 05:14 PM   #7 
KappaTheImp

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreyHounD View Post
I would say I think they were not sold immediately is because they are long fin'd.
Better a chance at being purchased at the pet store than being flushed. I couldn't possibly have kept all of them, there must have been at least 30.