Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Diseases and Emergencies
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 09-12-2012, 07:21 AM   #11 
fantasiip

He looks better already just by not having the temp in the room so low.
Had to sell my car so I will have to ride my bike to get the tank :/
I was thinking about ordering one online, and but I'd rather see what the they have in store first.

If I don't get the tank today I will definitely be getting the care products and maybe a temp tank.

Thank you all so much.
fantasiip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 01:28 PM   #12 
deso

If you're short on cash and need a really inexpensive temporary home for him, it's possible to use a large plastic storage container. Wash it out throughly with hot water and without soap. Pretty sure those are simple and extremely cheap to find at WalMart or big box stores of the like (can't say with any certainty, I haven't been in one since I was in my mid-teens). Get the best adjustable heater you can, though, and put it in with him immediately. It pays off in the long run not to be stingy when it comes to heaters.

Last edited by deso; 09-12-2012 at 01:36 PM. Reason: couldn't remember what "storage container" is called in English :/
deso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 01:31 PM   #13 
laynisample

Quote:
Originally Posted by LizzyP View Post

Secondly, get him a bigger tank. Smallest I would say that is easy to care for is a 3 gallon. You can get a Marineland 3 gallon Crescent for $35-$40 at Petsmart and it comes with the tank, filter, and LED light. It's really nice. Just make sure to baffle the filter since it's kinda strong for bettas, but we will cross that bridge when we come to it :P. With a 3 gallon with a filter you can do two 50% changes per week. One with a good gravel vacuum and the other with just a cup and scoop water out.
Just a side note, I LOVE my Marineland 3 gallon crescent and so does my fish. He swims around the entire thing and it comes with an adjustable filter. Eko seems to do fine with it on the lowest setting and he loves going up to swim against the current.
laynisample is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 03:06 PM   #14 
Laki

I bike all the time (not to the pet stores because they're too far away) but just empty out a big bookbag for carrying home a tank. It doesn't even have to be glass, acrylic tanks work fine and so do small tote boxes. Someone on this forum used(s) a spare vegetable crisper from the old fridge.
Laki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 05:38 PM   #15 
Sceven

Thank you for coming here to find out what you needed, and taking the advice. There are some people that will lose it, I guess both ways. But as the monks believe, "I forgive you and I know you will do better"
Sceven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 06:41 PM   #16 
fantasiip

Quote:
Originally Posted by laynisample View Post
Just a side note, I LOVE my Marineland 3 gallon crescent and so does my fish. He swims around the entire thing and it comes with an adjustable filter. Eko seems to do fine with it on the lowest setting and he loves going up to swim against the current.
How do I baffle it, the current is too strong. I got everything I needed. Will post pics soon.
Old 09-12-2012, 06:45 PM   #17 
laynisample

You can rubberband a piece of aquarium sponge to the place were the water flows out. That's how I baffled my other tank.
laynisample is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 06:45 PM   #18 
TheCheese909

Referring you to this thread on how to baffle a filter:

http://www.bettafish.com/showthread.php?t=30139
TheCheese909 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 06:46 PM   #19 
fantasiip

I got a 3 gallon tank, Prime, and a heater, and a filter, and a bubbler. The filter is too strong so i took it out, any advice? He is a little shy. He stays near the top. I gave him two pellets to see if he will eat, he ate one. He's mostly hiding in the purple plant.
Attached Images

Old 09-12-2012, 06:48 PM   #20 
fantasiip

Thank you both! I hope to see that he recovers from the things I did to him. :/

I TOTALLY FORGOT THE AQUARIUM SALT THOUGH!

Tags
curl, curled fins, fins, sick