Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Diseases and Emergencies
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 09-13-2012, 07:48 AM   #31 
RedRaz

Eekkk! Sorry I did not see that there were 3 pages and you already bought your tank, lol! I'm silly. Well the tank looks beautiful! Good job. :)
RedRaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 10:08 AM   #32 
fantasiip

Lol, It's cool. Thank you for taking the time to reply, I need another tank because I bought my sister one as well.
fantasiip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 09:18 AM   #33 
RedRaz

Anytime. ;) Oh *yay* for the sister! Enjoy your cutie pie bettas.
RedRaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 09:45 AM   #34 
goldfishyman

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCheese909 View Post
I know EXACTLY what tank you got lol, I have one as well.

You can replace that filter there with this one, it's not as windy and it takes the same filter pads as the one that came with the tank, it's a Tetra Whisper 3i in-tank filter :

http://c2.wag.com/images/products/p/upg/upg-257_1z.jpg

You can get it at WalMart, PetSmart or PetCo.. WalMart is the cheapest & sells the cheapest replacement pads as well.
Don't buy filter cartridges. Just replace with a sponge filter. Everytime you replace a cartridge your dumping beneficial bacteria. Those cartridges are a waste of money.
goldfishyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 12:46 PM   #35 
fantasiip

Thank you! Ok, sponge filter it is!
Old 09-14-2012, 09:15 PM   #36 
fantasiip

I have discovered a hole in his tail, and the water is cloudy fast. He hides a lot, he seems to like the baffled filter and all his silk plants. I think the cave I bought him have have ripped his tail, I don't remember the small hole being there when I got him. It looks as if his tail is uncurling though O.o it looks a lot healthier and I don't believe he has fin rot as I first did. All the progress he has made is due to you guys and I am very appreciative of all the support and positive responses!
Old 09-14-2012, 09:57 PM   #37 
sunlight

if you going to use filter for your 3 gall you will need to do 50% weekly water changes , i prefer more water changes though 50% x2 week with gravel vacuuming. You also will need to swish, wash filter regularly.

If you decide not to use filter you can do 1-50 and 1-100% water changes for your tank. Which i think is easier because you don't have to vacumm the gravel and take care of the filter media. I personally think it easier and better. And be careful with filter if you using it, make sure it baffled. I saw a lot of people wrote that betta got sucked in the tube.

If you think that he ripped his tail i would take cave out.

I don't like when betta hides a lot. Make sure he don't hide a lot or stay at the bottom of the tank, or under the plant, then something is bothering him. They do it of course but not all day long. Usually betta is pretty active fish.
I don't know my personal opinion he is new and you new to betta i would turn the filter off and just watch him make sure he is eating and active and healthy, and not hiding. Make sure he is warm. But if you just bought your heater i would check on it. I had heaters that malfunctioned. I always check new heaters before i put betta in...
sunlight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012, 12:32 AM   #38 
fantasiip

Wow, he actually came out from hiding. He let me take loads of photos of him! He seems to be adjusting pretty well. I'm just wondering what I can do to get his top fin from being all stiff.
Old 09-15-2012, 12:48 AM   #39 
ao
TFK Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by fantasiip View Post
Wow, he actually came out from hiding. He let me take loads of photos of him! He seems to be adjusting pretty well. I'm just wondering what I can do to get his top fin from being all stiff.
uploadd
ao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012, 08:09 AM   #40 
fantasiip

I will when I'm not mobile. I took a video of his fins too.

Tags
curl, curled fins, fins, sick