Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 10-05-2012, 10:34 PM   #1 
NVGail228

bonehead mistake

One of my guys prefers to chase his food as it sinks so I bought some Wardley shrimp pellets who's description on line sounded perfect. Live and learn. The pellets are huge, can't be broken into pieces and disolve into mush if I try to soften them in water. The guys loved the task of the little they actually ate but most just sank to the bottom after disolving. Live and learn.
NVGail228 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 10:50 PM   #2 
LebronTheBetta

Why don't you get Betta Pellets that float? Shrimp Pellets are for omnivorous fish such as Corydoras an don't have the needed ingredients for Bettas.
LebronTheBetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 11:07 PM   #3 
NVGail228

Right now my guys are getting freeze dried blood worms once a week since I can't get live ones here. The other food I have is Hikari. I've read here that Hikari is not that great and, also, Casper hates to get his food on the surface. I have to poke the pellet until it starts to sink and then he happily chases it down and eats it. So I'm looking to replace the Hikari with two kinds of food... one that floats and one that sinks so I can make all my guys happy.
NVGail228 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 01:14 AM   #4 
Aus

Mix Bettamin with New Life Spectrum betta food. Floaties + sinkies. Just be careful not to overfeed - the little NLS pellets are half the size of Bettamin, and two or three Bettamin are about right for a meal.

Why not get some shrimp? You'll need a heap of moss or susswassertang for the tank floor, but all my fish have their own little tank buddies/mobile snacks -- I keep finding them long after I thought they'd eaten the last one. Shrimp learn to hide, and can do so very effectively, apparently.

Then the shrimp food won't go to waste. :D
Aus is offline   Reply With Quote