Betta Fish Forum banner

Poor fish

733 views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  ChoclateBetta 
#1 ·
I went to pet co to get some light bulbs for my top of the aquarium and of course passed by the fish section.

I browsed and saw a black moor goldfish that was just floating around. I thought it was dead but took a closer look nope he was alive with worms coming out of both sides of the body, he had no fins so he couldn't move himself around. I was so upset and angry that they just had him there. The guy said there was no way of healing him unless you physically took out the worms with a tweezer and QT'd him. I really wanted to bring him home but I was clueless as to how to heal him. :-( worst highlight of my day. Anyone know what kind of infection he might have and how to treat it?

#2 ·
My Petco had had a problem like that they took the affected tanks of the filter grid. They removed the worms. They had the problem with goldfish. They seemed to recover. Also medicine with copper or aquarium salt helps.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.