Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 09-12-2012, 11:15 PM   #1 
Meggie6347
Member
 
Meggie6347's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Red face Jesus <3

Hey everyone! I just wanted to meet all of my brothers and sisters in Christ on here! Anyone else a Christian?

I thought it might be a good idea to start this; we all need encouragement through the Lord sometimes, and it might be nice for us to be able to help and encourage each other or share stories :)

Meg

Last edited by Meggie6347; 09-12-2012 at 11:17 PM.
Meggie6347 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 06:59 AM   #2 
RandyTheBettaFish
Member
 
RandyTheBettaFish's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Michigan, USA
Hey! I love this idea! Im a Christian as well.
RandyTheBettaFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 11:50 AM   #3 
dramaqueen
Banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Central Texas
Me, too!
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 02:34 PM   #4 
Bettanewbie60
Member
 
Bettanewbie60's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Coastal Georgia
Hi there...I am a Christian too! I don't know where I would be without my relationship with Jesus...
Bettanewbie60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 11:32 AM   #5 
Pilot00
Member
 
Pilot00's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Athens, Greece
Good idea, I could really use some encouragement right now. I have been praying to God as long as I remember myself, first out of habbit because my parents taught me so and then because I did some research and I was convinced that the idea of God as depicted by Christianity must be the right one. To me a God that loves his creation, that created everything out of love is the only logical answer as to why we were created.

I go through a very stressful period of my life and I am praying daily to God, Holy Mary and Jesus, not just for me but for all people and all living things.

I am an Orthodox Christian, but i believe divisions to be a human foolishness. We all worship the same God that loves us all as his children right? Tomorrow I will probably visit a church near where I reside. It is either a Protestant or a Catholic one (though to me it doesn't really matter. I wonder though if there is a proper etiquette to follow or how my fellow Catholics or Protestants pray. We usually do the sign of the cross three times and then kneel before the images of saints and angels and ask for guidance or simply sit and pray (when outside of ritual). I really don't want to disturb anyone, though i doubt there will be anyone else except the local priest.

Sorry for the rant and any heads ups will be appreciated.

Last edited by Pilot00; 09-14-2012 at 11:34 AM.
Pilot00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 01:34 PM   #6 
Bettanewbie60
Member
 
Bettanewbie60's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Coastal Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot00 View Post
Good idea, I could really use some encouragement right now. I have been praying to God as long as I remember myself, first out of habbit because my parents taught me so and then because I did some research and I was convinced that the idea of God as depicted by Christianity must be the right one. To me a God that loves his creation, that created everything out of love is the only logical answer as to why we were created.

I go through a very stressful period of my life and I am praying daily to God, Holy Mary and Jesus, not just for me but for all people and all living things.

I am an Orthodox Christian, but i believe divisions to be a human foolishness. We all worship the same God that loves us all as his children right? Tomorrow I will probably visit a church near where I reside. It is either a Protestant or a Catholic one (though to me it doesn't really matter. I wonder though if there is a proper etiquette to follow or how my fellow Catholics or Protestants pray. We usually do the sign of the cross three times and then kneel before the images of saints and angels and ask for guidance or simply sit and pray (when outside of ritual). I really don't want to disturb anyone, though i doubt there will be anyone else except the local priest.

Sorry for the rant and any heads ups will be appreciated.
As a born again Christian, we don't have all those rituals...everything was done and paid for by Christ himself...we pray to the Father through Jesus name, though they are one. We never bow down to any statues...we believe that Mary and the Saints were just instruments of God, used by Him for his purpose, and thus don't pray to nor worship them. I used to be Catholic also, but I know that Jesus paid it all in full for me, and that no ritual can earn me anything. God doesn't care about religion...even Jesus got angry at all the people following ritual rather than following him...the point being God wants a relationship with us, a close, intimate relationship where we desire to know Him more, to be closer to him..he is our Father....Jesus makes it possible for us to draw closer to the Father through him..he is our mediator. He doesn't care where you pray, he just wants you to desire him and talk to him.
Bettanewbie60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 02:31 PM   #7 
Pilot00
Member
 
Pilot00's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Athens, Greece
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bettanewbie60 View Post
As a born again Christian, we don't have all those rituals...everything was done and paid for by Christ himself...we pray to the Father through Jesus name, though they are one. We never bow down to any statues...we believe that Mary and the Saints were just instruments of God, used by Him for his purpose, and thus don't pray to nor worship them. I used to be Catholic also, but I know that Jesus paid it all in full for me, and that no ritual can earn me anything. God doesn't care about religion...even Jesus got angry at all the people following ritual rather than following him...the point being God wants a relationship with us, a close, intimate relationship where we desire to know Him more, to be closer to him..he is our Father....Jesus makes it possible for us to draw closer to the Father through him..he is our mediator. He doesn't care where you pray, he just wants you to desire him and talk to him.
I am of the same mindset as you.

Just to clarify, we don't bow to the icons as a ritual to pray. We simply offer our thanks to them for their guidance and protection we don't have statues.

I am glad that there others who believe that and have the same mindset. And thanks for the information, I just don't want to step in a house of worship and make people feel uncomfortable, to me the house of God is the house of God, no matter what branch of faith it belongs to.

EDIT: Sorry if I offend but If I do, it is out of ignorance so forgive me. What do you mean with the term a born again Christian?
Pilot00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 02:34 PM   #8 
Bettanewbie60
Member
 
Bettanewbie60's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Coastal Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot00 View Post
I am of the same mindset as you.

Just to clarify, we don't bow to the icons as a ritual to pray. We simply offer our thanks to them for their guidance and protection we don't have statues.

I am glad that there others who believe that and have the same mindset. And thanks for the information, I just don't want to step in a house of worship and make people feel uncomfortable, to me the house of God is the house of God, no matter what branch of faith it belongs to.
Amen...where we worship does not matter to God, but I understand your not wanting to be disrespectful to others...just go be with God...I'm sure it will be fine no matter where you go. The Charismatic church is a great place to visit..they don't mind what ya do as long as you are there lol...I love their services!
Bettanewbie60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 07:04 PM   #9 
dramaqueen
Banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Central Texas
I'm Baptist but we aren't going to church right now. There is too much power given to our pastors wife. She's on the payroll and is in charge of too much. You have to be a member of the choir or you don't get to do solos.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 09:08 PM   #10 
Meggie6347
Member
 
Meggie6347's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot00 View Post
I am of the same mindset as you.

Just to clarify, we don't bow to the icons as a ritual to pray. We simply offer our thanks to them for their guidance and protection we don't have statues.

I am glad that there others who believe that and have the same mindset. And thanks for the information, I just don't want to step in a house of worship and make people feel uncomfortable, to me the house of God is the house of God, no matter what branch of faith it belongs to.

EDIT: Sorry if I offend but If I do, it is out of ignorance so forgive me. What do you mean with the term a born again Christian?

No offense taken! Not about any questions. I'm sure anyone would be thrilled to share! Born again Christian is when you become a Christian and accept Christ into your heart. You are born again through Christ, he cleanses you of all sin.

I am with bettanewbie. Mary was just a human, just like any of us, God just chose her to be the mother of our Lord. She was chosen by God, but she was only human, she sinned just like the rest of us. I know Catholicism is a lot like Christianity in many ways, but it also has some significant differences. I went to a catholic service one time, because my grandma is catholic and my family went with her. It was a lot difference of a service than what I'm used to! It was also a good experience.

Just wanted to share, I haven't been able to go to church in way too long of a time and I went last week. It felt amazing, I have really missed it!

I am so happy that all of you are part of this thread! I really am! Thank you all!

Pilot00, whatever you are going through! I will add you in my prayers! Just have faith that whatever trial you are going through, God has a purpose and he is in total control! He loves you and is doing what is best for YOU. No matter how bad the situation may seem. And you never know, he could be usingit to help some one else as well! Sometimes I need to be reminded of this. It's really hard sometimes. If I didn't have my relationship with Christ, I don't know wha I would do! I wouldn't be the person I am today, that's for sure!

Meg
Meggie6347 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:49 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.