Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 09-14-2012, 11:55 AM   #11 
Pilot00

My grand father had that happen to him once and he hit a tractor from behind. Fortunately his belt saved him and the only casualty was his car. Please try to find some time to sleep, if you cant convince your employer to reduce your working hours consult a doctor to give you a signed letter to give to your work. If that doesn't convince them either try to take a break from work (assuming you have days left) and try to find another job in the interim.
Pilot00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 12:00 PM   #12 
Frazzle

I'll start managing my time better so I can sleep more. never realized how sleep deprived I am. I feel really irresponsible and like a terrible person, knowing that I put other peoples lives at risk.

:/
Frazzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 03:07 PM   #13 
Pilot00

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frazzle View Post
I'll start managing my time better so I can sleep more. never realized how sleep deprived I am. I feel really irresponsible and like a terrible person, knowing that I put other peoples lives at risk.

:/
You might not be sleep deprived in the sense (ie sleep less than 7-8 hours), but if we factor in things like: how tired you get from work, stress and other things that might cause you tiredness you need to sleep more than normal.

You are not a terrible person, probably just very very tired and busy :)
Old 09-14-2012, 03:16 PM   #14 
jeremywadejunior

Don't feel like a terrible person; you're looking to change and be better about your habits :)
jeremywadejunior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 03:18 PM   #15 
BettaQi

Sleep is so important for brain function. Please take care of yourself.

I used to put a bottle of water in the freezer and put it against my stomach through my t-shirt when I knew I was going on a long trip.

You could use a freezer pack instead. The cold kept me very very awake.

Be safe. Is there a way you could sleep in your car in the parking lot before driving home?

One of my friends from high school fell asleep at the wheel coming home from graveyard shift and ended up in the hospital.

Then 6 weeks later he did the same thing and unfortunately didn't survive.
BettaQi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 05:22 PM   #16 
Frazzle

Quote:
Originally Posted by BettaQi View Post
One of my friends from high school fell asleep at the wheel coming home from graveyard shift and ended up in the hospital.

Then 6 weeks later he did the same thing and unfortunately didn't survive.
Im sorry to hear that... and it scares me.

I will admit, I am sleep deprived... and mentally stressed out.
Old 09-14-2012, 05:46 PM   #17 
jeremywadejunior

Will you be able to start getting full periods of sleep?

I always get at least 7 hours of sleep a night, but I always need a nap that lasts a few hours during midday. It depends on the person as to how much sleep we need before we are deprived. But your body is telling you that what you're getting is not enough. I would stay away from caffeine and energy drinks, too, as these can throw off your sleep cycle.

After you are able to get the correct amount of sleep regularly, the stress will go down.
jeremywadejunior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 06:03 PM   #18 
Frazzle

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremywadejunior View Post
Will you be able to start getting full periods of sleep?

I always get at least 7 hours of sleep a night, but I always need a nap that lasts a few hours during midday. It depends on the person as to how much sleep we need before we are deprived. But your body is telling you that what you're getting is not enough. I would stay away from caffeine and energy drinks, too, as these can throw off your sleep cycle.

After you are able to get the correct amount of sleep regularly, the stress will go down.
I've kicked soda, energy drinks, starbucks, coffee, and other things from my diet. Now I drink water, or orange juice, or NAKED.
Old 09-15-2012, 03:48 AM   #19 
Pilot00

From my experience, I have seen that coffee doesn't remove the feelings of meekness/wooziness, it just doesn't allow you to sleep properly even though you do shut down your eyes. You did well to stop them.