Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Spawn Logs
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 10-22-2012, 11:34 AM   #61 
Creat

You going to sell any off these babies I would totally get some when I go back to Seattle to visit family :)
Creat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 04:46 PM   #62 
vilmarisv

I will have them for sale in a month or so. They still need to stretch out and grow before I feel comfortable shipping them.
It's still early to know how many I will sell as I'll probably keep a handfull of each gender. I also have a couple going to my best friend but the rest will be sold as I cannot keep that many, unfortunately.
I'll probably annouce it on FB first, are you part of the betta groups there?
I'm thinking I'll probably make an photo album with prices and let people shop... not sure yet.
vilmarisv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 04:58 PM   #63 
Creat

Which group? And I am not traveling to seattle till november 22ish so about a month and I would be able to pick them up and drive them back? And a photo album sounds like a nice way to do it
Old 10-22-2012, 07:40 PM   #64 
Mo

Nice spawn! Ill snatch em all up!
Mo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 12:22 AM   #65 
vilmarisv

Creat: I'll have to see... I've been observing what I still have in the growout and most of those are females which means I maybe had a handfull of males besides the ones in jars.
I frequent Karen's page, Sherolyn's and Lone Star's because they are close-knit groups so I might annouce in one of those if I get permission from the admins.
Bettafish will probably will be the last place I post when offering them as there's so many people I don't know and I don't want my fish to go to just about anyone. It's not because I think they are better fish than others but because I care for them and want them to have good homes. I didn't breed to make money (who does?) but to start shaping up a line of good fish for me to work on so if I don't sell any of them I will be more than ok.

On another note... this is what I found today while cleaning jars!!
Attached Images

Old 10-24-2012, 04:49 PM   #66 
Creat

Oh wow love them saw them on Karens page and I totally understand about your babies. If you choose one to go to me I will be honored but if not no hard feelings. Every one of them is special :) I am not on Sherolyn's or Lone Star's page .... I do hope some of your girls are just late blooming males for your sake and people who think they make money on breeding betta are usually loopy (unless they have money to build a breeding farm and even then..) I have put so much money in to my little guys and expect none of it back, unless its in love :) lol
Old 10-29-2012, 01:48 PM   #67 
polukoff

Very pretty fish! To bad they are so heavily branched.
polukoff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 07:47 PM   #68 
inareverie85

Branching preferences are indeed just a matter of opinion, from breeder to breeder, I think. :)

The fact that these are offspring from Champion lines can attest to that fact.

As much as I appreciate minimal branching, I like these fish a lot, too. I think they're lovely!

Last edited by inareverie85; 10-29-2012 at 07:51 PM.
inareverie85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 07:58 PM   #69 
Maddybelle

I tend to prefer heavy branching, as long as it stays out of feathertail territory. Karen's fish are AMAZING, as her many show wins attest. Her fish showed me that multis are beautiful, too! ;D
I love that first guy! He looks so much like mom. I, however, am positively drooling over that bluish guy(mustard gas?)
Maddybelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 11:24 PM   #70 
vilmarisv

100% agree with inareverie85 and Maddybelle
Yes. These fish come straight from Karen's lines and her fish always do very well in shows, "heavy" branching or not. I'm not one to choose fish for breeding lightly and I will be selective even when Karen's fish are involved.
When you work with fish from an established line with no previous problems and solid fish, you can't go wrong.
As long as the fish can carry themselves well and don't go into (ugly) feathertail cathegory, I think a mild RT is beautiful.
My problem with RTs is when extreme characteristics show and when deformities start to show.
I also hate working with imports because (IME) are very weak fish, prone to illness, and bad spawners.
I've been keeping Karen's fish since 2009 and I ONLY keep/breed her fish. I have no need to look anywhere else and as long as she's breeding I will keep buying from her exclusively.
Here's a picture of my kids today at 9 weeks...
Attached Images

Last edited by vilmarisv; 10-30-2012 at 11:27 PM.