Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Diseases and Emergencies
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 09-13-2012, 06:54 PM   #11 
LizzyP

I use bleach in my QT tank when I'm done using it and never had any problems. :) just make sure you rinse rinse rinse rinse! If it's acrylic you can put it through the dishwasher twice with no soap but to steam it and let the hot water rinse anything left. :)
LizzyP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 01:52 PM   #12 
ladybetta33

Ooh, thank you for the dishwasher tip! I like that. But honestly, I'm considering just trashing the tank and everything in it. It's just a $9.99 1-gal, undergravel filter pastic tank from WalMart. Just not worth all the aggravation (or potentially more sick/dead fish!)

The little guy is doing no better today. He now has a small red spot on his side, and some red streaking in his fins. Septicemia now? Poor dude! He will get his second dose of tetracycline shortly.

Thank you all for the wonderful input and encouragement, especially MoonShadow, who has been holding my hand via facebook since yesterday. You're the best, girlie!
ladybetta33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 10:25 PM   #13 
MoonShadow

Scrapping the tank might not be a bad idea, but beyond that I really think that you're doing the best you can right now! Keep up with the beds, the salt, and keep the water super clean!
MoonShadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 02:29 PM   #14 
ladybetta33

Hi everybody! Reese is doing SOOOOO much better after 4 days of tetracycline & aquarium salt! It's absolutely amazing. I've never seen a fish come back from the brink of death like that. He's active, brightly-colored, interested in food, and blood spots are fading. Still spitting out food rather than eating, though, so that is our next milestone.

Thank you ALL for your input, especially MoonShadow, who I have been bugging relentlessly. Resse is alive because of her advice!
ladybetta33 is offline   Reply With Quote