Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Meet the Betta Keepers
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 09-11-2012, 02:58 PM   #1 
Lisa1010

Hi everyone!

Hi everyone!

My name is Lisa and I have had my Betta's for two weeks now. I bought a 2.5 gal. tank and a male and female. The male is a beautiful blue with a white tail and fins double tail half moon and the female is a beautiful purple blue with a green shine to her crowntail.

Yep, I didn't do any real research when I purchased them and I bought a male a female together. Although they claim they don't recommend putting them with any other fish but keeping them as single fish they watched me buy a male and female!

I really went for the male but my sister convinced me it would be lonely and we got the female also.

I am sad to say I returned the male back to the store much to their astonishment. The clerk was shocked I was bringing him back and didn't seem to like it at all but since I was within the 14 days had to let me return him. I thought it would be best to return him live so someone else with a bigger tank could enjoy him.

They were fine the first day and a half but then he wouldn't leave her alone and I didn't have anything but a plant in the tank so I took her out and put her in my 1 gal. plastic tank and bought her a plant also. I really wanted to keep them both but not in two different tanks. I have no interest in a bigger tank right now.

So when I returned him I bought a terracotta pot and a small tank decoration. She is much happier now but I think she may be lonely.

Is there any kind of fish or snail I can put with her in a 2.5 gal tank that she will not attack but enjoy some company with?

The male was really hyper and I felt between the two he was the one that should go back hoping that a better owner will come along and fall in love with him and put him in a much bigger tank with more for him to do. I bought a snail because they said it would help with cleaning the tank but he killed it. It was a typical brown snail. I also have a moss ball called "bud" in the tank. They said it would help cut down something but I forget, maybe cut down on algae also.

I will post some pictures in the "Picture" section in a few minutes also, so long as I can figure it out! :)

Sorry for the long post. Hope to learn more about my betta here. She has no name yet but I love her loads already!

Thanks for reading!

Lisa
Lisa1010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 02:59 PM   #2 
Lisa1010

Well, my avatar isn't showing up. I hope I can figure that out as well as it is a picture of the male!

Lisa

yay, I did it! :)

Last edited by Lisa1010; 09-11-2012 at 03:03 PM.
Old 09-11-2012, 03:29 PM   #3 
BettaKat1962

Hi Lisa and welcome to the forum! Im new here myself but you will see there are some friendly and helpful folks on here. Im sorry that it didnt work out with the male betta, Hopefuly you can find a compible species to keep her company. Good luck and look forward to your new finned friends pic
BettaKat1962 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 03:30 PM   #4 
Mo

Hello and welcome!
Mo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 05:31 PM   #5 
eaturbyfill

Welcome to the forum and good luck. I wish I could offer experience, but I've only kept Bettas alone.
eaturbyfill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 02:53 PM   #6 
Lisa1010

Thank you for the welcome Elizabeth! She is really friendly but still a little shy.

Lisa
Old 09-12-2012, 05:41 PM   #7 
Perseusmom
TFK Moderator

Hello and welcome to the forum look forward to seeing pics of your girl !
Perseusmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 07:29 PM   #8 
Lisa1010

Hi Perseus, thank you for the welcome! I have posted pictures in the picture section. See you around!

Lisa
Old 09-12-2012, 08:10 PM   #9 
Romad
TFK Moderator

Hi there Lisa

Welcome to the forum. We would all love to have betta pairs but sadly, they are solitary fish. My dream tank would be a 100 gallon planted with 20-25 stunning male bettas in it.

Oh well.
Romad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 08:19 PM   #10 
Lisa1010

Hi Romad!

I am just glad I was able to return a live fish instead of waiting until he injured or killed her. I hope he already has a nice new big home to swim around and enjoy! He was such a good, healthy fish and deserves a good life!

Thanks for the welcome!

Lisa