Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Meet the Betta Keepers
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 09-14-2012, 09:38 AM   #1 
RedRaz

Hello from the Windy City! :)

Hello everyone! My name is Stephanie I'm 30 years old and I live in Chicago. I'm a new mommy to a very sweet betta named Raz. This is my first betta so I'm learning a lot to keep him healthy and happy. I am an organic vegetarian, wife, student who has two hilarious geckos named Jimmie and Daisy. I'm currently going to school to become an Occupational Therapist Assistant and I can't explain how really excited I am about this. At age 30 and going back to school was not easy amongst all these youngins but I am doing it with everything I have. I like to read *all types of genres*, cook, take pictures, collect vintage cameras, meditate, long walks, listening to records, driving with the windows open and letting my hair down to just dance. I would best describe myself as a fun loving hippie. LOL! I'm really happy to have found a great community such as this one with so many answers to all my betta questions. It's wonderful! Well thank you for sticking around to read this intro I know it was kinda long.
RedRaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 09:44 AM   #2 
lvandert

welcome!!! You sound just like me lol! Except I dont live in Chicago :P Well once again welcome to the forum and I hope you enjoy your stay.
lvandert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 10:01 AM   #3 
RedRaz

Quote:
Originally Posted by lvandert View Post
welcome!!! You sound just like me lol! Except I dont live in Chicago :P Well once again welcome to the forum and I hope you enjoy your stay.
Thank you for the welcome! Oh yay! Hippie Power *does a peace sign*. Well I look forward to learning more and meeting some awesome people. I look forward to our chats. Have a great weekend.
Old 09-14-2012, 10:19 AM   #4 
clopez1

Welcome and congrats on your first betta. He's very handsome.
clopez1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 10:21 AM   #5 
eaturbyfill

Hello and welcome to the forum!
eaturbyfill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 02:09 PM   #6 
RedRaz

Thank you both for the warm welcome. Aww thanks clopez1! He is my sweet little guy. ;)
Old 09-14-2012, 02:15 PM   #7 
Bettanewbie60

Hi Stephanie and welcome to the forum! We too sound like kindred spirits, though I'm a bit older lol. My daughter is 35 and just finished a year long LPN program, so you are far from too old to be going back to school..I commend you for it! Glad you joined us here!
Bettanewbie60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 03:04 PM   #8 
RedRaz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bettanewbie60 View Post
Hi Stephanie and welcome to the forum! We too sound like kindred spirits, though I'm a bit older lol. My daughter is 35 and just finished a year long LPN program, so you are far from too old to be going back to school..I commend you for it! Glad you joined us here!
Well hello there! Thank you for the warm welcome. I guess that saying is true you are only as old as you feel. I feel 28ish. LOL! Nice to know I have a few things in common with you lovely people. Oh Yay for your daughter! Good for her! That is a HUGE accomplishment and healthcare gained another amazing nurse. I truly admire nurses but I could never be one, lol. So my hat goes off to her. Awww thanks! I lost my job last year so I decided I should go back to school a do what I want. I'm very happy to me here. Thank you again. Have a wonderful weekend!
Old 09-29-2012, 10:02 AM   #9 
Oldfishlady

Welcome to the forum and to the wonderful world of Betta keeping...

Enjoy your stay.....

Be sure and post questions in the proper section for best response....
Oldfishlady is offline   Reply With Quote