Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Breeding Betta Fish
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 09-13-2012, 09:21 PM   #1 
bettagirl96

well that was interesting!

so last night i put my male a female together (when we first got her we were unsure if it was a boy or girl but i saw the breeding stripes) he rip a huge part of her fin off (today i got fin healing stuff) so i took him out thinking there was no way they were gonna mate even if the had done the dance. well..........my boy betta (his name is cherry) did what guys do when they uhhhhhhhhhhh mate. white stuff EVERYWHERE! so i cleaned her tank out a bit but there was still some left and it was like 11:30 so i had to go to bed Lster today when I came home from school there almost...spit like stuff floteing at the bottom i had clean most of her water out this morning.however it kinda look like there are baby betta eggs at the bottem of the tank I don't know many it's from the meds? anyway so i switched the tank so the male is in there in case they are babys so what do you think just gross betta med or maybe babies?
bettagirl96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 09:28 PM   #2 
VictorP

We would need pictures to see.
VictorP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 10:40 PM   #3 
indjo
TFK Moderator

What ever it may be, it will never produce fry. They need to embrace to fertilize the eggs.

The situation you are in is why I advised that you read as much as possible before attempting breeding. Sorry about your pair.
indjo is offline   Reply With Quote