Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Journals
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 09-21-2012, 07:59 PM   #21 
toad

I've changed my mind about what to be at least 5 trillion times in my life. Right now, I want to go to school for marketing and advertising, and I'm hoping I can stick with that. I've wanted to do teaching, nursing, respiratory therapy, social work, professional photography, marine biology and at one point I just wanted to quit school and spend my life doing volunteer work in Africa, or saving the whales, and holding down menial jobs (like the one I've got now) to pay my bills.

Oye. Deciding on a life path is hard work, and being forced to do it quickly and when you're young makes it even harder! So, if you want to change your mind 5, 10 or 50 times, you go ahead and do it. How can you find your calling if you don't explore your options? :)
toad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 10:21 PM   #22 
Shirleythebetta

I'm a business major too. Ever want any advice pm me
Shirleythebetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 01:13 AM   #23 
dramaqueen
Banned

I started out in education then found out I can't stand kids. lol So I changed my major. Some people weren't too happy about that but tough noodles.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 01:12 AM   #24 
Alcemistnv

I was told by a friend to think about doing business, but not in such a "business-y" manner.

Imstead of doing business she said I should look possibly into communications, but to use more of a business approach with it. For example, they have an advertising major within communications and it balances between that and business.
I'm going to speak to an advisor and find out what I should really do based on my grades, credits, and also on what I want to do in the future.

It is ridiculous to ask someone at a young age to find out what they want to do for the next 40-50 years. Some people might know exactly what they want to do, but seeing as how I used to be a veteraniarian a few years ago shows how many times a person changes their mind.
Alcemistnv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 11:19 PM   #25 
Frazzle

I went to school for graphic design, and then realized that it wasn't what it seemed to be. Now I'm thinking about going to be an art teacher. I love kids, and art. I also like cars, so I might want to be a mechanic... or a cop. IDK
Frazzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 12:33 AM   #26 
Alcemistnv

Feel like crap again after doing my accounting homrwork again.

And I failed my 2nd test.

And I failed my Japanese quiz.

Why am I even in college? Im the worst.
Old 09-28-2012, 11:16 AM   #27 
dramaqueen
Banned

Don't let people tell you you should do this or that. You do what YOU want to do that interests you the most. I found that if I didn't like something then I got low grades in that subject. Maybe there is a questionnaire that you could take to help you figure out your interests and what suits you best. There is no reason you should be stuck in a career that is going to make you miserable for the rest of your life because someone else told you to do it.
Old 10-01-2012, 07:12 PM   #28 
Alcemistnv

I'm going to have to figure out what I'm doing.
I've actually thought about just leaving college for about a year or so just to think about it.

It's not even my "major" classes I'm not doing good in. I currently have a 69 in my GE class that I thought I was SOARING through.

Then I have my major class I know I'm going to fail.

I then have Japanese which might not go down so well considering she's literally expecting us to know everything right down to the stroke.

And then I have Macro which is going well now, but we have only two major tests, and if I fail those I can potentially fail the class.

So as you can see, this is NOT good for me.
Old 10-02-2012, 11:10 AM   #29 
dramaqueen
Banned

It might be a good idea to take a year off to think about things. I think that would alleviate some of your stress. Good luck with whatever you decide to do.
Old 10-03-2012, 06:40 PM   #30 
toad

You can learn a lot in a year - I accidentally took a year off school (meaning, I tried for 2 straight semesters to take online classes and couldn't pass them, because I have no self discipline), and I think it was a good opportunity for me think more about where I was going. If you don't want to take a whole year off school, you could always take just 1 semester off, or take only 1 or 2 classes next semester.
toad is offline   Reply With Quote