Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Diseases and Emergencies
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 09-14-2012, 08:15 AM   #1 
Friendlyfishies

floating on his side, no swollen belly...

Well hes not quite floating on his side yet but when he stops swimming his body starts to tilt and he begins swimming again which stops his from going all the way. Im reading that floating on the side might = swim bladder but he doesnt have a round belly at all and was fed 4 pellets of omega 1 the day before yesterday. This is the sympathy purchase I bought 3 days ago. He is a faded VT with clamped fins and stress lines. He was placed in his new tank yesterday evening and seems to really love it!

He in a 3 gallon with LED light, filter with plastic baffle and heater reading 79 degrees. He has blue sand substrate, a new java fern and a new anubias nana. He also has a terracotta pot hide and some rocks.
His tank is treated with stress coat (aloe) and some AQ salt to fight off any other ickys.
I do not have his reading and need to get myself a kit but I would probably doubt he has high ammonia as he was just placed in this tank last night around 10pm and its now 9am....unless ammonia can possibly build that fast? This tank is not cycled but ive been doing the necessary water changes. His behavior is fine, hes alert, active and happy. Still faded, clamped with stress lines.

Can anyone help me out? What do you think it might be and what can I do to help him out? Im going to be feeding everyone this AM, should I feed him?

Last edited by Friendlyfishies; 09-14-2012 at 08:20 AM.
Friendlyfishies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 09:02 AM   #2 
Friendlyfishies

perhaps im just being paranoid...he seems fine now.
Friendlyfishies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 02:28 PM   #3 
BettaQi

I'm glad he feels better!
BettaQi is offline   Reply With Quote