Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Spawn Logs
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 09-15-2012, 09:29 PM   #11 
crowntaillove

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fabian View Post
It will still be ok if you don't make any current even a little like the wind blowing.If your bettas are conditioned well,your male will pick up the eggs in no time.Mine succeeded the next day.I usually siphon it at 1 week old.

good, I hope they'll be alright. I was gone for the day and left all the lights on for him and when I got home he had moved his bubble wrap from the front left corner to the middle in the back. (it's really funny to watch him move it) It's closer to the heater. He also moved all the eggs that were on the bottom of the tank to the spot under the nest too. He's not trying like a mad man to put them back in the bubble nest anymore though. :/ but I noticed he swims really close to them and sort of "vents" them. I read that he does that to keep away any fungal infections, I wonder if they'll still be okay at the bottom? What causes them to not be able to hatch at the bottom of the tank? (Or do they?)
crowntaillove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 05:14 AM   #12 
Fabian

They will hatch.Yes,the father will clean the eggs to keep them away from fungal infection.

Quote:
Cool! Guys I Have A Question,Is The New Hatch Baby Beta Is Too Small,How Can I Clean There Tank? Also Changing The Water?? You have to siphon the tank,be careful because the fry are weak and not strong enough to withstand the force.You can see the fry at swimming stage.

Can I Feed My Newly Hatch beta Fish with daphne?
Yes,they can eat daphnia but after 2 weeks,feed them bbs.Bbs have high protein for growing fry.
I normally start to clean the tank at 1 or 2 weeks old.You can put some live plants to keep the nitrates down.
Fabian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 06:57 PM   #13 
crowntaillove

I offically have babies! Or eggs with tails, rather. I can't believe they're so small!
Old 09-17-2012, 02:46 AM   #14 
CandiceMM

Congrats on the newly hatched babies!! Can't wait to see pics, what type of betta's did you spawn? CT?
CandiceMM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 01:11 PM   #15 
tpocicat

Congratulations on your new fry! Now the real work begins...
tpocicat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 11:29 PM   #16 
crowntaillove

No, they're halfmoons. Ironic, right? Haha. They're 2 days old right now, and they're laying at the bottom of the tank. :/ I don't know if they will survive like that. I think dad is eating them...or he could be eating the unhatched/dead ones. I can't see them very well, he decided to move the nest/fry away from the front of the glass. I guess he thought I was being too nosey. :P
Old 09-18-2012, 02:21 AM   #17 
crowntaillove

Well...Dad ate everybody. :( I've got 12 babies left. So I took him out and I'm hoping they'll do okay on their own...
Old 09-18-2012, 12:51 PM   #18 
crowntaillove

Maybe I should have left Dad in to do his job. I may be responsible for killing my fry. :/ I feel terrible...
Old 09-18-2012, 01:09 PM   #19 
tpocicat

Don't second guess yourself. If he was eating the fry, there could have been something wrong with them, or he was just a bad father. Sometimes you just never know.
tpocicat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 09:08 AM   #20 
indjo
TFK Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by crowntaillove View Post
No, they're halfmoons. Ironic, right? Haha. They're 2 days old right now, and they're laying at the bottom of the tank. :/ I don't know if they will survive like that. I think dad is eating them...or he could be eating the unhatched/dead ones. I can't see them very well, he decided to move the nest/fry away from the front of the glass. I guess he thought I was being too nosey. :P
Sorry about your spawn.

If male is tending to fry, most often he is not eating them..... I mean he is not psychotic. He might be eating the weaker ones.... which in this case might have been most of them. There's nothing you could have done to save the fry. By the looks of it, they were weak from the start. Things like this happens.

If you plan on breeding him again, pair him to a different female or vise versa, breed the previous female to a different male.

Good luck in the future.
indjo is offline   Reply With Quote