Betta Fish Forum banner

Emergency!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

456 views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  BettaQi 
#1 · (Edited)
Hi guys,

I've found our betta (male) fish stuck in the filter.

(I saw that he wasn't that fast in the last few days anymore, but on the other hand he's about 3+ years old, so I thought he might have gotten a little bit slowly with the time. He also seemed to have trouble catching his food with the filter moving it around all the time.)

Today when trying to feed him, I found him stuck in the filter.
I turned it off immediately. I knew I wasn't allowed to pull him out (didn't want to hurt him), but he had trouble coming out by himself. Eventually we made it, but one eye seems to be hurt plus he has a big wound on his back (scales are missing).

I cleaned up his tank immediately and stuck a piece of sponge in the opening of his filter, so he won't get sucked in again.

He won't eat, don't even know if he is able to eat.

I'm very afraid to lose him and don't want him to die.

Should I go to a vet? (I'm sorry, I really don't know very much about fish! Our pet store assistants here don't know very much unfortunately, so I really don't know who to ask for help.)

How can I help him?

Thank you in advance!!!!!

See less See more
#2 ·
The most important thing now is for you to keep him stress free, and to minimize his chances of infection. Clean clean clean water, aquarium salt and stress coat are my recommendations!

#5 ·
Thank you so much guys!!! Really, thank you.

The tank is clean (I changed all the water immediately), so we'll just have to get stress coat and aquarium salt.

Any suggestions for a good aquarium salt brand that we could find at pets' mart/walmart etc.?

And again, thank you for your replies. It's so good to hear that we have a chance!

#6 ·
You might try focussing on healing energy going into his body.

Imagine that you're collecting a glowing golden ball of energy in your hands, and that if you breathe onto this ball of energy it shines brighter and brighter.

Send 9 breaths into the ball of energy in your hands, then place it around your fish. Imagine that your fish absorbs this glowing ball of energy into all of his cells.

I teach qi gong and this is an exercise that helps improve the immune system for faster healing.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.