Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Compatibility
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 09-16-2012, 01:04 AM   #11 
LadyVictorian

I think with a snail that size it should be safe. I was going to say with a 10gal I would go for an assassin snail especially if you get live plants because they eat other snails and will take care of any snail infestations. My dad has one in his community fresh water tank with his live plants after he ended up with over 30 some snails within a week or so. His name is Altair. I KNOW RIGHT XD we are such gamers. He's a cool little dude and very very pretty too I must say. I think sooner or later when my dad sets up a smaller community tank he might get another and name him Estazio (sp?)
LadyVictorian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 01:08 AM   #12 
homegrown terror

get an assassin snail. if you're live planting, it's only a matter of time before you get unwanted snails, and the assassin will help you keep them at bay.
homegrown terror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 05:46 AM   #13 
Tikibirds

Cute pic. I never had an issue with my bettas eating snails but my adult trapdoor snails are like 3 inches across. Kinda hard to eat them.

Last edited by Tikibirds; 09-16-2012 at 05:49 AM.
Tikibirds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 10:37 AM   #14 
RedRaz

Tikibirds LOL! Yeah I can see that would be hard to do. My Raz just looks at Thor the snail and that's it. Doesn't try to nibble on him. I think he lies the company actually. I love your pic btw! Love your betta and snails. Cute! :)

homegrown terror I thought nerite snails only reproduce in brackish water never freshwater? That is why I got these snails. Am I wrong on this?

LadyVictorian I love the name of the snail btw. lol! I will keep this snail in mind when I start/finish cycling my 10 gal tank. I thought Nerite snails don't reproduce in freshwater though? Well good to know I can get another snail to keep the population down if it comes to that. Wow I had no idea the amount of work and knowledge about all this. Good thing I have this forum. :)
RedRaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 11:04 AM   #15 
Perseusmom
TFK Moderator

Hey love the snail he is so cute and love how Raz stares at him to funny...lol I hope it all works out I think it will since so far Raz hasnt tried to nibble on Thor, cute name!

Yeah they arent suppose to lay eggs in freshwater and if they did they would not hatch at least everything I read on them thats it said. Great picture !!!!!
Perseusmom is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 12:01 PM   #16 
Pogthefish

One question before I say, how often do you change the filter cartridge?
Pogthefish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 04:23 PM   #17 
djembekah

dont change the filter cartridge ;)
djembekah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 05:44 PM   #18 
Pogthefish

Just makin sure :P that has been my thing this week, and every time I say that first, I get alo more embarrassed no's so I ask how often instead. But yeah, has she already found snails? I haven't read the thread, I probably should..
Pogthefish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 06:13 PM   #19 
RedRaz

Hey Pogthefish Well I changed the cartridge yesterday actually. It had been two weeks I believe. I bought a nerite snail on Saturday. He poops a lot! lol!
Old 09-17-2012, 06:14 PM   #20 
RedRaz

Quote:
Originally Posted by djembekah View Post
dont change the filter cartridge ;)
How often should I replace the filter cartridge?