Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 09-07-2012, 01:20 AM   #1 
TianTian

Smile I'm back... with a Betta!!!!

Hello! I'm sure no one remembers me, but that's alright.

A few months ago I was lamenting my life and just how rough things have been, and how I needed some stability back in my life.

Well, I've got it back. And it's in the form of a blue, green and gold veiltail betta named Choi Oppa.

He's this inquisitive, energetic young male; he's currently swimming around in a planted ten gallon. I can't get pictures right now (camera is busted), but suffice it to say: life is good and balanced as far as balance can be attained right now. I'm living with my folks again, so I don't have much claim of ownership over him nor can I arrange his living quarters. So far, however, he's doing alright. And I'm finally doing alright.

Just wanted to shout the good news!

Love you all,
TianTian
TianTian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 02:07 AM   #2 
dramaqueen
Banned

Well, I remember you, Tian Tian and Taco. Welcome back and Congrats on your new fishie. We want pics! Lol
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 02:22 AM   #3 
ao
TFK Moderator

Ofcourse I rememeber you! glad to see you again!
ao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 09:35 AM   #4 
TianTian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dramaqueen View Post
Well, I remember you, Tian Tian and Taco. Welcome back and Congrats on your new fishie. We want pics! Lol
DRAMAAAAAA!!!! *epic hugs!* How are you? :) :) :)
Thanks! I'm wondering if my webcamera might be fast enough to snap a few pics... provided that Choi can sit still for more than two seconds! The moment someone steps toward the tank, he's busy speeding off, then pausing to strut his fins, before dashing the other direction to strut some more. Haven't seen him flare yet; he looks fairly young so I don't expect him to do so anytime soon.

He's a good eater, too! I remember Taco was a PAIN to feed the first week! But Choi Oppa? He'll scarf anything, it seems! He had a nice breakfast this morning; two whole pellets (he got fed last night after moving in, so I didn't want to overfeed him this time around)! :D His mouth is a little small, so I might have to cut the pellets in half to help him along at feeding time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aokashi View Post
Ofcourse I rememeber you! glad to see you again!
I remember you, too!! :D How are things on your end??
Old 09-07-2012, 09:45 AM   #5 
ao
TFK Moderator

XD glad you finally got a betta, and named him :)
I see you've gone for the humble Vt
What's with this sudden Korean obsession?
Were you in any way influenced by that new Gungnam style Music video?

I'm doing good :) I'm surprised you remember me! I was more of a stalker/lurker when you were on rather than an active participant in the forums

^_____^ welcome back!
Old 09-07-2012, 12:17 PM   #6 
puppyrjjkm

I remember you too! So glad to hear everything is looking up :) and YAY for a new fishie friend. I too, demand pictures!
puppyrjjkm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 12:20 PM   #7 
rich e rich

Hello,
I have a betta fish, and I enjoy taking care of them. I just got this one last week. When it came, it was very healthy. I put in a 5 gallon aquarium with a zebra fish and a male guppy, no decoration because there is Methelene Blue in the water. They'll be transferred to the original tank that has decorations today. Often, the betta fish just floats at the top in a corner and satys there, fins closed and lame. What's the reason for this? Temperature? I doubt very much that it is sick. the other fish swim fine.

The betta gets aggressive in a semi normal manner with mirrors, meaning that it doesn't flar up immidiately when an image is seen, but a while after.

is this how betta fish are?
rich e rich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 12:32 PM   #8 
TianTian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aokashi View Post
XD glad you finally got a betta, and named him :)
I see you've gone for the humble Vt
What's with this sudden Korean obsession?
Were you in any way influenced by that new Gungnam style Music video?

I'm doing good :) I'm surprised you remember me! I was more of a stalker/lurker when you were on rather than an active participant in the forums

^_____^ welcome back!
Yeppers! My sister named him. I got him from WaMart (dundunDUNNN). He was the healthiest of the bunch. He's got a tiny (and I do mean TINY) tear in his tail, but nothing that a little TLC won't fix.
Nope and nope! :D I'm part Asian... and I saw that Gangnam Style vid WAY before it became a public obsession (ie, the first week; I keep close tabs on the doings of the kPop industry).

I tend to do fairly well in remembering internet names, but forget it if I'm meeting you in person! lol I guess it's because I'm a visual person, so I remember your name more as an image.

Quote:
Originally Posted by puppyrjjkm View Post
I remember you too! So glad to hear everything is looking up :) and YAY for a new fishie friend. I too, demand pictures!
Haha, alright, alright! I'll try to figure something out. :) I remember you, too! How's the family?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rich e rich View Post
Hello,
I have a betta fish, and I enjoy taking care of them. I just got this one last week. When it came, it was very healthy. I put in a 5 gallon aquarium with a zebra fish and a male guppy, no decoration because there is Methelene Blue in the water. They'll be transferred to the original tank that has decorations today. Often, the betta fish just floats at the top in a corner and satys there, fins closed and lame. What's the reason for this? Temperature? I doubt very much that it is sick. the other fish swim fine.

The betta gets aggressive in a semi normal manner with mirrors, meaning that it doesn't flar up immidiately when an image is seen, but a while after.

is this how betta fish are?
Hi there, welcome to the forum... and my thread. :P It could be anything from a temperature swing, he's constipated, stressed, a pH imbalance and more. I've heard that guppies are not good tankmates for bettas.
You could probably post your own thread and find more help here: http://www.bettafish.com/forumdisplay.php?f=30
Old 09-08-2012, 11:47 AM   #9 
TianTian

PICTURE TIME!!

This were literally the only clear pictures I could get; he was SO SO excited to see the laptop that he went from calmly cruising to top speeds!!

(Don't mind the awkward plant in the back; we're still trying to move things around in there).

So he's got a dark head, a green/blue body and his anal fin has a bit of gold on it (you can't really see it here in this pic; sorry. My webcam is terrible).
Old 09-08-2012, 02:47 PM   #10 
ao
TFK Moderator

oooh, such pretttiness. what plant is thatn the back?