Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish
Closed Thread

Old 09-15-2012, 07:49 PM   #111 
Friendlyfishies

Im sure I will never exactly know how you feel Mo because I have never had that many fish...but im learning fish can be soooo exhausting...i just for back into fish for the first time in years...man did I do things wrong back in the day lol, what a disaster...im still learning and educating myself as much as I can but in jumping back into this hobby ive been through a lot of emotion in just the first month...thats about how long ive been back into it lol. I lost 6 guppies first three days to cotton mouth, had to rehome my 2 survivors in a 3 gal which I had to buy and had to bleach out my guppy tank and throw away about $70 worth of equipment and decor that when with their tank...that was pretty stressful. I have my last 2 still and that will be it for me with guppies lol, never again. So now I have 2 goldfish in the tank....well today the little female broke her fin, im not too happy about that and the other goldfish keeps picking on her...I have no clue how to treat it so im going to have to rack my brain for the next 24 hours to find out, plus I came home tonight to realize my new sympathy purchase betta has advanced fin rot and the whole end of his tail fell off...so now I have to figure out how to treat that lol....my new dt split his fin and my plakat wont eat and hasnt eaten since I brought him home and moonies moss balls are shedding lol...I guess what im saying it...you arent alone... :) people are here for you and without you im sure there are a lot of newbies like me who wont get proper help from our betta friends like yourself! I have one tank left in which I intend to add one more betta to my collection but thats it for me lol...that will be 2 guppies, 2 goldfish and 5 bettas total considering my goldfish and sympathy purchase survive, my hands will be more than full lol. Maybe just toning it down to a few of your fav fish for fun for a while will help :)
Old 09-15-2012, 07:52 PM   #112 
Mo

Thanks. I've lost 200 dollars worth of fish though in the past month..
Old 09-15-2012, 07:53 PM   #113 
Mo

I'm going to enjoy my last 10 minutes here. If you want shoot me a PM but I'll be less active when I sell the fish..
Old 09-15-2012, 07:54 PM   #114 
TheCrabbyTabby

Meh, a loss is a loss. Regardless of that, there's no need to go and quit everything all at once. Stay on this forum and be a valuable member, sans fish. With all your valuable insight, I am sure you have a lot of advice to give.
Old 09-15-2012, 07:57 PM   #115 
Mo

But I feel like just giving up. Everything I worked hard to do. Spent countless hours doing.. Spent hard earned money doing.. Just fell apart. I feel like giving up and just don't want to think about of own this species of fish for a while.. I will no longer be an active member of this forum so I can just drop bettas and forget about them for a while and just be a normal kid.. Focus more on school.. I might return as I get older but for now. I'm avoiding this hobby.. Good bye my fellow fishkeepers. I've lost around 35 fish and 200 dollars worth of fish due to mistakes and IT WAS ALL MY FAULT
Old 09-15-2012, 07:59 PM   #116 
toad

Bye Mo

Perhaps we will see you again someday! Don't blame yourself too much - it won't fix anything.
Old 09-15-2012, 07:59 PM   #117 
ChoclateBetta
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Friendlyfishies View Post
Im sure I will never exactly know how you feel Mo because I have never had that many fish...but im learning fish can be soooo exhausting...i just for back into fish for the first time in years...man did I do things wrong back in the day lol, what a disaster...im still learning and educating myself as much as I can but in jumping back into this hobby ive been through a lot of emotion in just the first month...thats about how long ive been back into it lol. I lost 6 guppies first three days to cotton mouth, had to rehome my 2 survivors in a 3 gal which I had to buy and had to bleach out my guppy tank and throw away about $70 worth of equipment and decor that when with their tank...that was pretty stressful. I have my last 2 still and that will be it for me with guppies lol, never again. So now I have 2 goldfish in the tank....well today the little female broke her fin, im not too happy about that and the other goldfish keeps picking on her...I have no clue how to treat it so im going to have to rack my brain for the next 24 hours to find out, plus I came home tonight to realize my new sympathy purchase betta has advanced fin rot and the whole end of his tail fell off...so now I have to figure out how to treat that lol....my new dt split his fin and my plakat wont eat and hasnt eaten since I brought him home and moonies moss balls are shedding lol...I guess what im saying it...you arent alone... :) people are here for you and without you im sure there are a lot of newbies like me who wont get proper help from our betta friends like yourself! I have one tank left in which I intend to add one more betta to my collection but thats it for me lol...that will be 2 guppies, 2 goldfish and 5 bettas total considering my goldfish and sympathy purchase survive, my hands will be more than full lol. Maybe just toning it down to a few of your fav fish for fun for a while will help :)
You keep cold water fish with tropical fish? Hope that tank is 100 gallons. By Mo we are sad you are leaving us hope you are happy with the new life you are choosing.
Old 09-15-2012, 07:59 PM   #118 
TheCrabbyTabby

Just because you had a few fish die? C'mon Mo, your a great and valuable member on here. Stay. Please stay. You don't have to have fish to be a member on here after all.
Old 09-15-2012, 08:00 PM   #119 
Mo

It's 7:00 so goodbye for now. I'm crying and I hope to have a return in the future. For now I'm not going to be a fish keeper anymore and just be a normal kid
Old 09-15-2012, 08:01 PM   #120 
registereduser

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCrabbyTabby View Post
Just because you had a few fish die? C'mon Mo, your a great and valuable member on here. Stay. Please stay. You don't have to have fish to be a member on here after all.
OK, now you are sounding like CB. Mo can do what he likes, when time passes he might very well be back, just let him decide.
Closed Thread