Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 09-12-2012, 07:28 PM   #1 
Friendlyfishies

anyone have this tank?

Anyone have this tank? Im thinking of getting it for my new sympathy purchase, i know its smaller and but it will make water changes easier til he gets healthy but I would like to put a small java or anubias in there but im not sure if the light will be enough? Thoughts? Experiences?

http://www.petco.com/product/118200/...m%20Kit-118200
Friendlyfishies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 08:19 PM   #2 
homegrown terror

i've got two of the 3 gallon ones: http://www.walmart.com/ip/Tetra-LED-...-Pets/20693135 they're only $5 more, and double the swimming space. the filters are nice, peaceful and quiet, the lights are very good for showing off colors on your fish and decor, and the cube shape helps them fit just about anywhere. the only downside is the shallow guide rims on the lid make it hard to put back on once you open it (i've dunked Frodo and Sam with their lids several times while fumbling to place it back on right)
homegrown terror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 01:14 AM   #3 
Thunderloon

take extra care when handling it, these small tanks are considered "intro" equipment and aren't intended to last years.
Thunderloon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 02:46 AM   #4 
Tikibirds

There are a few on here that have tetra 1.5 gallons. However, I am not one of them so I am really of no use. If its just going to be a temp thing, kritter keepers are alot cheaper but they dont have the filter or the spiffy lighting.

I think Anubias would be OK with the LED lights. I had mine in a tank with no lights for about 3 weeks and they were fine. The anachris died off but the anubias was perfectly fine just don't plant it.
Tikibirds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 04:52 AM   #5 
teeneythebetta

Woah that's really expensive for a 1.5 gal

I'd say you're better off with a critter keeper.
teeneythebetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 09:13 AM   #6 
acitydweller

my vote for a critter keeper too, plus you get a bonus handle to boot!
acitydweller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 10:06 AM   #7 
lelei

Quote:
Originally Posted by homegrown terror View Post
i've got two of the 3 gallon ones: http://www.walmart.com/ip/Tetra-LED-...-Pets/20693135 they're only $5 more, and double the swimming space. the filters are nice, peaceful and quiet, the lights are very good for showing off colors on your fish and decor, and the cube shape helps them fit just about anywhere. the only downside is the shallow guide rims on the lid make it hard to put back on once you open it (i've dunked Frodo and Sam with their lids several times while fumbling to place it back on right)

I love these ones ^^^^ and plan on getting in the future, hopefully if they still have..jeesh these are 3 gal, and the other one is only 1.5 for the same price..I would def go for the Tetra 3 gal And that is what I love about them, the lighting.
lelei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 12:35 PM   #8 
goldfishyman

I use the 1.5 gallon ones and divide in half. The filters can be a bit strong. I suggest you put some foam under the intake I had a fish get sucked in slightly and shred fins. I cut small piece of foam and then push the pump lower into the tank to compress the foam slightly to hold it in place. I do not use the cartridges that come with it. I put some foam filter material and tiny glass beads without holes inside to add more filter material.

My anachris and betta bulbs are doing fine in these tanks with just the light from the LEDs. I bought mine for $18 when they had a sale at petco. The ones at petco and petsmart have an internal impeller pump. The one I found at walmart have an airpump driving a lift tube. My wife hated the sound of the airpumps. I returned the ones I bought to walmart and replaced with the petco/petsmart version.
goldfishyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 08:20 AM   #9 
Friendlyfishies

Thanks everyone! I got the 3 gal from wally world! He really loves it! :D
Friendlyfishies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 02:52 PM   #10 
MooseKnocker

I was looking into this as well, but my issue is what about a heater?
MooseKnocker is offline   Reply With Quote