Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Pictures
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 02-17-2012, 11:56 PM   #1 
Tikibirds

Talking Sluggles then and now

So around Xmas time my boyfriend insisted that I try and save this pathetic blue CT that looked like it was about to die. He never had an interest in my fish saving before so whenever he points one out, it comes home with me.

So I bring this poor thing home, thinking its gonna die overnight...OR that the 5000 mile car trip out of Alaska will kill him if he somehow managed to survive the night...

He was lying on his side, rapid gill movement, rapid mouth movement. huge chunks of blue fins floating all over his cup, his top fin was almost gone. His Ammonia level was off the chart, literally

well, he survived the night and after a few days I moved him out of his cup and onto about an inch or so of water...he still couldnt swim too well

Then it came time to Leave Alaska. Out of 23 bettas, TWO survived and Sluggles was one of them! The other was a red CT named Mr Magic Mushroom.

Not only did he survive the trip, but he can now swim normally

Tikibirds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2012, 08:03 AM   #2 
a123andpoof

Wow thats amazing! Sorry for the loss of your other fish!
a123andpoof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2012, 10:24 AM   #3 
betta lover1507

omg so sorry D: "but this guy fight, he'll fight through not all could, he could fight the impossible in bad conditions, even though most lost are sad, be glad that your survivor could fight to live, not even to live to exist. being in a place that was careless about him, he dared himself he could make it, and he did" he is adorable :3
betta lover1507 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2012, 11:10 AM   #4 
blueridge

Sorry about your other fish, but amazing story!
blueridge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2012, 11:17 AM   #5 
graciebear13

This may be a little off and i am very sorry about your fish.. but im trying to figure out whats wrong with my two betta fish... the color in both of them is off... and im just confused on how to fix it.. it is dangerous if there color is faded? (one is red but is also faded like white and the other is blue and fading brown) i know its not right because ive seen them both without the fading but idk what to do to help them.. i dont want my fish to be sick and not do anything to help them..

Last edited by graciebear13; 02-18-2012 at 11:26 AM. Reason: too off topic im so sorry
graciebear13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2012, 02:00 PM   #6 
SlinkyInk

Oh man, what a trooper! Its amazing that he survived when other healthier fish didn't. I am so sorry that you lost so many fish
SlinkyInk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2012, 05:19 PM   #7 
SecretStich

Amazing!
SecretStich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2012, 06:05 PM   #8 
betta lover1507

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciebear13 View Post
This may be a little off and i am very sorry about your fish.. but im trying to figure out whats wrong with my two betta fish... the color in both of them is off... and im just confused on how to fix it.. it is dangerous if there color is faded? (one is red but is also faded like white and the other is blue and fading brown) i know its not right because ive seen them both without the fading but idk what to do to help them.. i dont want my fish to be sick and not do anything to help them..
post that in the disease section the'll know how to help
Old 02-18-2012, 07:09 PM   #9 
graciebear13

thank you im so sorry for bothering you but you seemed to know how to work the website but thank you so much :)
graciebear13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2012, 07:26 PM   #10 
betta lover1507

it okay and your welcome