Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 09-15-2012, 07:48 PM   #1 
Bettanewbie60

I feel like a thief...a very luck thief! :-)

I went out shopping for food etc. I wanted to go get at least one of the four heaters that I am going to need here soon...I decided to go into Goodwill just to look around, and found a 10g tank for $8! Of course I had to get it. I went to Publix to get the food I had on my list, and to use the coin machine to cash in my change which hubby had said I could use for "fish stuff". The change added up to $25, and the heater I had been looking at was $20...cool I thought, at least that is one heater! I head to Pet Supplies Plus. I started looking at the heaters on the 50% off shelf, I saw the original heater I had looked at, and then, I spotted two others that were also adjustable sitting on the discount shelf..I took them to the cashier, "Could you do a price check on this for me please"? She looks at me like I just asked her to perform magic.."Uh, my manager isn't here"...so, I'm thinking, "why can't you just check the price"??? She goes in back and asks another employee what the price is, the girl says, it's $7.98. Okay, I'm thinking..you don't actually know..but, I'll take it. So, I grab another heater off the same discount shelf, a different brand, so I go through the whole, "can you check the price" deal...both girls acted frustrated, and the second girl says, they are both $7.98...I find a fluval filter on this shelf also, and guess what? They don't know the price on that either. I gave up..I figured I had two heaters for less than the one I had originally wanted. So I go to look at the bettas and this gorgeous male was still on the shelf. I noticed he was NOT marked...their regular males are $3.98...so when I brought him to the register the cashier again had no idea on a price..the other "helpful" employee didn't either, so she goes to look and comes back and says, $3.98...I'm pretty sure he is one of the more expensive ones they sell, but ya'll can tell me what he is. Oh, and on a final note...this is the store that I have applied at several times and can't seem to get hired...hmmmm. Here is the new boy! Can someone ID him for me? Is he a DT? Dragon scale? Have moon? LOL thanks! I feel like I robbed them...funny part is..their regular bettas are marked down to $2.98 right now..I wasn't going to push my luck over the $1 ha ha ha. I managed a 10g tank, two heaters and a new betta..all bought with my spare change!
Name:  003 (600x450).jpg
Views: 261
Size:  25.8 KB

Name:  004 (600x450).jpg
Views: 262
Size:  26.2 KB

Name:  005 (600x450).jpg
Size:  23.9 KB

Name:  006 (600x450).jpg
Size:  23.1 KB

Name:  007 (600x450).jpg
Size:  22.8 KB
Bettanewbie60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012, 07:54 PM   #2 
toad

AWESOME! A true shopping girl! I don't know what that new boy is, but he is absolutely gorgeous!
toad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012, 07:58 PM   #3 
registereduser

whoa! You made out like a bandit! You should try applying to that store one more time since those girls will probably be fired soon
registereduser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012, 08:00 PM   #4 
megaredize

might be a half moon if he can flare you will get a better look. im pretty sure hes not a dragon scale. but hes gorgeous. id be willing to pay more than you did for him. you got some good deals today! :)
megaredize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012, 08:02 PM   #5 
Bettanewbie60

Quote:
Originally Posted by toad View Post
AWESOME! A true shopping girl! I don't know what that new boy is, but he is absolutely gorgeous!
thanks toad..isn't he awesome..at least one of their $10 guys anyway!
Old 09-15-2012, 08:03 PM   #6 
Bettanewbie60

Quote:
Originally Posted by registereduser View Post
whoa! You made out like a bandit! You should try applying to that store one more time since those girls will probably be fired soon
Ha ha ha thanks! I seriously can't get the girl there to hire me..it's all younger folks who work there, I guess I must know too much to work there ha ha.
Old 09-15-2012, 08:06 PM   #7 
Bettanewbie60

Quote:
Originally Posted by megaredize View Post
might be a half moon if he can flare you will get a better look. im pretty sure hes not a dragon scale. but hes gorgeous. id be willing to pay more than you did for him. you got some good deals today! :)
Thanks mega...I really feel lucky! I have the 10g in the tub with water..lets hope it doesn't leak!
Old 09-15-2012, 08:12 PM   #8 
toad

Even if it leaks, all you need is a $4 tube of silicone from Lowe's to fix it :)
toad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012, 08:27 PM   #9 
Bettanewbie60

Quote:
Originally Posted by toad View Post
Even if it leaks, all you need is a $4 tube of silicone from Lowe's to fix it :)
thanks yeah, that is what I was thinking...it looks like the silicone is all intact though...I'm going to use it tomorrow to check out how well the new heaters work too. Better to check heaters without fish in there!
Old 09-16-2012, 01:22 AM   #10 
dramaqueen
Banned

OMG he's beautiful!! Wow, you got some good deals!!
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote