Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 09-15-2012, 08:23 PM   #1 
Mo

Unhappy A Final Goodbye

Hey guys. As some of you may know I'm guilting keeping and breeding bettas due to recently loosing about half of my stock, and things always going against me. Im having fish die daily out of the blue for no reason even with good care. I've lost my best breeders and my friends favorite fish. I've killed too many bettas and am venturing away from this hobby or just taking a very long break and hope to see you guys again later. This is a final goodbye. I planned to log off a few hours ago but just had to say a final Goodbye. If any if you ever want to talk to me you can contact me at Texanbettas@yahoo.com. Goodbye guys and you will forever be in my hearts and I'll miss the inspiration and spirit this forum had
Mo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012, 08:24 PM   #2 
LebronTheBetta

Goodbye Mo. We'll all miss you, I'm so sorry...
LebronTheBetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012, 08:34 PM   #3 
thekoimaiden

Terribly sorry to hear that, Mo. We'll be here if you ever want to return. You will be missed!
thekoimaiden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012, 09:05 PM   #4 
DiiQue

Oh man, sorry to see you go... Good luck in your future endeavors and I hope you come back from time to time. Bad luck hits us all, its how we learn and move forward that makes us stronger. I never say bye.. Just "see you later".
DiiQue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012, 10:12 PM   #5 
thekinetic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo View Post
Hey guys. As some of you may know I'm guilting keeping and breeding bettas due to recently loosing about half of my stock, and things always going against me. Im having fish die daily out of the blue for no reason even with good care. I've lost my best breeders and my friends favorite fish. I've killed too many bettas and am venturing away from this hobby or just taking a very long break and hope to see you guys again later. This is a final goodbye. I planned to log off a few hours ago but just had to say a final Goodbye. If any if you ever want to talk to me you can contact me at Texanbettas@yahoo.com. Goodbye guys and you will forever be in my hearts and I'll miss the inspiration and spirit this forum had
Mo, let me tell you a story. My dad set up a 75 gallon salt water aquarium. He built the stand, and bought it piece by piece. He went to PA to get special gravel. He ordered live rock. He hand picked each fish one at a time. Oh he loved that tank and knew everything about taking care of them. He was for lack of a better word an expert. But one day a disease hit his tank and wiped out the whole lot in a couple days. About $1000 dollars worth of fish gone. But you know what he took a long breath and said it was good while it lasted.

So he cleaned his tank got new gravel and new rock, and started over. You see in the end sometimes poo happens. And even an expert can't stop it but it's no reason to give up. It's like the old italian proverb goes "where there is life there is hope". Don't lose hope in yourself and don't give up your passion. If you must take a break to see it do so but don't give up.

Until we meet again, may joy find you where ever you are!*hugs* ^_^
thekinetic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012, 10:33 PM   #6 
Relic

Oh come on now! No one is making you leave....just because you are no longer going to keep bettas,doesn't mean you can't stay here and share your knowledge...or at the very least check in from time to time.
Relic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012, 10:39 PM   #7 
Relic

Quote:
Originally Posted by thekinetic View Post
Mo, let me tell you a story. My dad set up a 75 gallon salt water aquarium. He built the stand, and bought it piece by piece. He went to PA to get special gravel. He ordered live rock. He hand picked each fish one at a time. Oh he loved that tank and knew everything about taking care of them. He was for lack of a better word an expert. But one day a disease hit his tank and wiped out the whole lot in a couple days. About $1000 dollars worth of fish gone. But you know what he took a long breath and said it was good while it lasted.

So he cleaned his tank got new gravel and new rock, and started over. You see in the end sometimes poo happens. And even an expert can't stop it but it's no reason to give up. It's like the old italian proverb goes "where there is life there is hope". Don't lose hope in yourself and don't give up your passion. If you must take a break to see it do so but don't give up.

Until we meet again, may joy find you where ever you are!*hugs* ^_^
I tried saltwater once.....I sunk over $3,000 in a tank not including the fish and live rock I had in it. One day my lion fish died and contaminated the whole system..I thought he was just hiding..have no idea how long he was dead, but after he died the whole system started crashing and nothing I did would revive it. I got out of fish keeping for awhile after that.
Relic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012, 10:45 PM   #8 
BettaJen

Though I haven't contributed to the forums too much, I always liked what you had to contribute and found you to be caring and helpful. Thank you, don't be too hard on yourself, and take care.
BettaJen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 01:09 PM   #9 
BettaQi

Mo, you have shared great insights with this community and you are much appreciated, wherever you may be.

May you always have joy and fulfillment in your life, even when outside circumstances seem impossible.
BettaQi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 09:28 PM   #10 
lillyandquigly

Mo, sorry to hear you go, thanks for all the advice you gave me when I was being really stubborn even though it was bad for my bettas, hope to hear from you again soon, LaQ
lillyandquigly is offline   Reply With Quote