Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 09-15-2012, 09:28 PM   #1 
crowntaillove

Tank sizes...

So, I was looking online at betta tanks on Petsmart and Petco. I found a .36 gallon tank that was meant for 2 bettas for 7 dollars, a 1 gallon for as much as 15 dollars, and a lot of other ridiculously priced tanks.

What I don't understand is, you can get a 10 gallon tank for 14.99! If need be, you can divide it three ways and still have 3 gallons for each betta! I just can't justify buying an expensive teensy tank. When I first brought home my male and female, I got them a ten gallon and intended on splitting it. I bought another one for my next two. Then...I found a 20 gallon on craigslist for 15 dollars with a filter, so I got it too!

I'm not going to lie, I was 10 when I got my first betta and I kept him in a little vase type thing. I still remember how boring and inactive he was. It was too tiny!
I currently have my little girl in her own 10 gallon and she LOVES it.

I mean, whatever you have found to be the right size for your betta is cool. I just don't understand why people don't buy the 10 gallons when they're so cheap!
crowntaillove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012, 10:49 PM   #2 
ao
TFK Moderator

Space is often an issue. I find the 2.5 to be the perfect tank for me. anything larger wont fit as well.
ao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012, 10:59 PM   #3 
crowntaillove

Quote:
Originally Posted by aokashi View Post
Space is often an issue. I find the 2.5 to be the perfect tank for me. anything larger wont fit as well.
Well, that is a good point. :]

I have two on my coffee table and they take up most of the room. I need to buy more tables... lol.
Old 09-15-2012, 11:04 PM   #4 
Kenny G

I also keep my betta's in separate 2.5 gallon tanks. 2 reason are space in Manhattan apartments is limited and also I can treat each betta in his own tank without worrying about one sick fish affecting the other.
Kenny G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012, 11:56 PM   #5 
LadyVictorian

I have a 5 gal, won't get anything smaller but I wish I could have something bigger I just don't have the room. At most my shelves could fit a 6gal but the weight might make them buckle a bit. At my old house I had a 10 and a 20 gal for my mice but those days of large tanks are over...it's a bit heartbreaking.
LadyVictorian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 12:39 AM   #6 
crowntaillove

i'm lucky to have a spacious apartment, it also helps that I'm recently out on my own so I haven't accumulated that much stuff yet. lol.
Old 09-16-2012, 06:59 AM   #7 
toad

I'd be afraid I'd knock over something so tiny! 0.36 gallons? o.O

I like the 3 gallon tanks; I wish I could just have a bunch of 10 gallons, but because of space restrictions...
toad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 03:54 PM   #8 
crowntaillove

Quote:
Originally Posted by toad View Post
I'd be afraid I'd knock over something so tiny! 0.36 gallons? o.O

I like the 3 gallon tanks; I wish I could just have a bunch of 10 gallons, but because of space restrictions...

Yeah, the .36 gallon tank had enough room for a betta to swim up and down but definately not side to side. And oh so convienently it had a lid for to put flowers in...