Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Diseases and Emergencies
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 09-16-2012, 03:55 AM   #11 
anak

I change all of it, but I take him out and put him in a tiny bowl with his old water first, and I actually keep bottles of pre-conditioned water in my closet to change it out quickly and with the temperature already adjusted. I put two drops of the conditioner per the 1L water bottle. I wash his tank, his rocks, fake plant with regular tap water. I usually check the levels of everything with a fish tank test strip.

One thing I do notice is the water in my house is really hard, and I don't know why the conditioner doesn't make it much better.

But anyway, then I put him in his new water right after adding everything (but everything is the same temperature).
anak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 04:15 AM   #12 
Bettanewbie60

Sounds like you are doing great with the water changes, conditioner etc. I wouldn't worry about the hardness....I still say lets do the thermometer, and make sure he is warm enough and go from there. I will be on tomorrow..let me know how things are going okay?
Bettanewbie60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 11:32 AM   #13 
anak

I checked on him this morning. He is doing fine. I even tried to play with him, and he responded, but he is still lethargic in general. I'm going to go see if I can buy him a heater and see if that changes anything.
Also, I have a feeling he is probably constipated, because I never see him poop. And I over feed. So today, I'm not going to feed him anything either.
anak is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
emergency, fish ailments, help confused, sick betta