Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 09-16-2012, 02:34 PM   #1 
Jully

Angry Sad

I was at Pet Habitat yesterday, at our mall & I went to the betta section & they were so many cups which is like a vase, but you do know those little "show tanks" one of those, but a circle version instead of square, it had gravel & just a plant barely room to move around.

I was looking around because I am getting another betta pretty soon, and there were all so crowded in a shelf, some people almost knocked them over, and some where dead! There was one little guy who was just staying at the top not moving at all, his girls weren't moving & his eyes weren't moving ether so I tapped, he didn't move, after 2 minutes I tapped once more and then he jumped, almost coming out of the cup. Poor little guy, one betta was on the bottom of the cup dead, with pitch black with dead eyes, and ripped looking scales, you know when a fish dies how it looks.

Some were behind other cups, so you cant even notice there was more, I didn't even notice there were more betta's behind the rows of the shelf, two bettas were flaring at each other looking like there ready to jump in each others cup & fight. The cups are so close together just one jump & your in. It was horrible, most of the bettas were not doing anything, were stressed & look scared, they were pretty big bettas too and they barely had ANY space to move around in there "long vase cup."

People only care about money these days....

All the bettas there were priced $7+ for a normal betta and halfmoons $25 - $35 + and crowntails were like $25 - $28 and because they need to pay mall rent the prices are more & because of tax another more, no wonder no one buys there bettas...Poor bettas, I wanted to take them all and run away
Jully is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 02:47 PM   #2 
ChoclateBetta
Banned

That is terrible all of those fish are worth nothing combined. Only ignorant Betta keepers are worse.
ChoclateBetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 02:56 PM   #3 
ktlelia

I've never heard of that store before. Ugh, those poor little ones. :(
ktlelia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 03:00 PM   #4 
Jully

Yeah, because I am in Canada I don't think we have a Petsmart & Petco around here, but instead we have stores called "Pet habitat" around malls.

The water looked okay, but the bettas were all at the top just staying there, not moving, or fins moving. A few a them were still, a lot of reds & blues as the common colors, and a lot of veil tails I didn't see any halfmoons, I saw one giant crowntail on the top of the shelf with some other veil tails who was not as active.

Poor things, the people who work there don't have a CLUE about anything, all they do is sit in the front just chatting away... While people look at the puppies in cages which has left poop in them & no food.

The bettas had ripped fins some of them, one veil tail color was faded away, and his back fin was almost gone he just had a tiny bit of it left and he looked so stressed.
Jully is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 03:10 PM   #5 
ChoclateBetta
Banned

They probably believed Betta myths.
Old 10-07-2012, 09:08 AM   #6 
ChoclateBetta
Banned

I think we need a betta awareness campaign.

Tags
neglect, pet habitat, sad