Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 09-16-2012, 10:35 PM   #21 
RandyTheBettaFish

I love todays music, and dislike all that old stuff, lol. I guess i am kinda young tho...
RandyTheBettaFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 11:50 PM   #22 
Jupiter

Today's music doesn't suck if you don't listen to what's on the radio. Although even if you do like what's on the radio, there's nothing wrong with that...

I've never understood why "older" music is considered "superior". Does that mean my musical taste is the best because I listen to classical music? Lol
Jupiter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 01:30 AM   #23 
dramaqueen
Banned

I forgot to add Kansas to my list. lol Also some Pink Floyd and Men At Work.

Last edited by dramaqueen; 09-17-2012 at 01:32 AM.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 09:49 AM   #24 
OrangeAugust

I grew up in the 80s and 90s and I still love 80s and 90s music the best. There have been a few bands who I've liked since then, but today's music sucks. I don't even listen to the radio anymore. I listen to all the older music on my iPod. haha
OrangeAugust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 12:35 PM   #25 
Freyja
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngesRadieux View Post
Music died with the advent of pop culture. Classical music and musical theater=the only music that needs ti exist. ;)
Lol there's always one in the bunch.
Freyja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 12:40 PM   #26 
Freyja
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by crowntaillove View Post
Its just not something that I care for. I'd prefer to hear Lynyrd Skynyrd, The Eagles, Journey, CCR, Def Leppard...if you'd let me the list could go on and on. Lol. I'm not sure why but I just don't like Queen, the Beatles, or George Thorogood. I mean, I'll sit and sing the lyrics but I could happily spend the rest of my life without hearing them. (Except a choice few songs)
Def Leppard over Queen? Really?!? I love me some oldies but I do have a few guilty pleasures from the late 90s and early 2000s. The only good things to come out of the 70s are Black Sabbath and The Ramones, i.e. heavy metal and punk, and RUSH. Long live the holy trinity of Lee, Lifeson, and Peart.

@RandytheBetta. You do know that most of the music you listen to now is influenced by the old music you dislike.
Old 09-17-2012, 08:35 PM   #27 
RandyTheBettaFish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freyja View Post
Def Leppard over Queen? Really?!? I love me some oldies but I do have a few guilty pleasures from the late 90s and early 2000s. The only good things to come out of the 70s are Black Sabbath and The Ramones, i.e. heavy metal and punk, and RUSH. Long live the holy trinity of Lee, Lifeson, and Peart.

@RandytheBetta. You do know that most of the music you listen to now is influenced by the old music you dislike.
Yes but when you think about it all music is influenced from the music before it.
RandyTheBettaFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 08:43 PM   #28 
Freyja
Banned

Yes but I like the music that comes before it whereas you don't
Old 09-17-2012, 08:58 PM   #29 
homegrown terror

the last three or four generations are unique in human history in that recorded sound means that, for the first time, music that's not made for and by the upper crust will be remembered. until the last century, the music that was carried on past its day was the music rich people went to the opera houses and concert halls in their powdered wigs to experience, whereas the folk anthems and tavern songs of the common man were largely lost to history. thanks to the advent of recording, though, all music, whether it be a massive orchestral piece, or three guys in a garage with a 4-track, has a chance to be a permanent part of history. we can argue till we're all white-haired and bent-backed over whether it's improved or destroyed music, but none of us can deny that it's a cultural paradigm shift that will forever move the world forward.
homegrown terror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 12:55 AM   #30 
TheCrabbyTabby

Sure. Get all philosophical, why don't you. Make our argument look petty and sophomoric.

Nahhh, just kidding.

We need philosophical types now more than ever, to help remind us of the greater and deeper things in life. *nods*
TheCrabbyTabby is offline   Reply With Quote