Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 09-16-2012, 05:55 PM   #1 
schell0385

Ebay and Shipping Costs

Hi Folks,

I want to use live plants for cycling a new Betta tank. Ebay was recommended to me for making plant purchases. Their shipping costs are outrageous!

Are there one or two Sellers on Ebay, from inside the U.S. whose shipping prices are lower than my house payment?

Are there Online sites (other than ebay) where you find quality Live plants and free shipping on orders over $50.00 - or something of that nature?

I do not mind some shipping costs, but if I paid 9.50 for every item shipped, I might as well stop eating.

I would appreciate having specific names of ebay seller's where I may purchase a number of plants with only one price (not outrageous) for shipping.

Thanks a bunches for sharing, both my Betta and I appreciate it.
Schell
schell0385 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 06:15 PM   #2 
vilmarisv

Go to AB and look for plants in bulk.
I got over 100 plants from there recently for $60 (ship incl.) and they were all very nice size, not small trimmings.
vilmarisv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 06:56 PM   #3 
sarahspins

I just ordered some from https://www.bobstropicalplants.com/ and my shipping was only $10.75 for my entire order :)

I should get those this week.. all I ordered were some dwarf baby tears and some java moss, and their prices + shipping was MUCH less than just about everywhere else I was looking, inlcuding AB and ebay.
sarahspins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 12:51 AM   #4 
schell0385

V,
What is "AB"?
Old 09-17-2012, 12:54 AM   #5 
kfryman

http://www.aquabid.com/

http://www.shop.plantedaquariumscent...-Plants_c6.htm
Is good and is fairly priced. Shipping is determined by amounts of plants ordered and how large.
kfryman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 04:23 AM   #6 
animalcraker

There's lots of good stuff on Aquabid, but be sure to check the seller's feedback first.

I also just recieved an order from http://www.plantedaquariumscentral.com/ Good portions and healthy plants, I even got some freebies as well.

Is there any particular plant(s) your're looking for?
animalcraker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 09:54 PM   #7 
schell0385

I would like all of the plants that are good for cycling. The plants are listed on that great post that talks about all the cycling methods.
Online at Ebay I saw someone who sells these round puff ball plants and in the aquarium was this beautiful little tree. It reminded me of a Bonsai. I have bonsai's so I really liked it, but have zero idea what it is. I do like softer looking plants with feathery leaves and love COLOR in a tank. So I must have some plants with colors....
I wish they made blue plants.

When I cycle the tank I was even thinking of doing it with plants and throwing in a raw shrimp in panty hose. I wonder if that would speed it up......as I want my little fella in his new home ASAP.

So, I am going to check out all of these plant websites this very moment. I am sure I will be up far into the weeee hours of the morn.

I look forward to continuing our conversations......oh need to go get my Popsicle first.. talk with you all later.
Old 09-20-2012, 06:19 AM   #8 
katydidmischief

There's also thatpetplace.com that has flat-rate shipping for live plants: 13.99 second day, 29.99 overnight, 39.99 priority overnight. I've never used them before but a friend has and said she's liked their service.
katydidmischief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 10:11 AM   #9 
ZackyBear

Those puff balls are Marimo Moss Balls, by the way. ;3
ZackyBear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 02:13 PM   #10 
goldfishyman

Quote:
Originally Posted by katydidmischief View Post
There's also thatpetplace.com that has flat-rate shipping for live plants: 13.99 second day, 29.99 overnight, 39.99 priority overnight. I've never used them before but a friend has and said she's liked their service.
I bought a filter from these guys. It took over 10 days to receive it. It was defective and they took their sweet ass time to test the item for the defect. I ended up asking for a refund 2 weeks later. Still have not found a replacement filter from another company.
goldfishyman is offline   Reply With Quote