Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Diseases and Emergencies
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 09-16-2012, 09:21 PM   #1 
Bharp

Exclamation Is Fred sick, HELP

Fred is my beta, I have had his about 6 months, he has always been happy, eating, building bubble nest, playing in the plants, But this morn I noticed he was not eating and was darting across his tank as if something is bothering him, I think I see a little(very,very little) white on his mouth, I have been reading all day trying to find something close to his problem, So I think he has parasites, correct me if I'm wrong, I went to the local pet store and got salt and Medaication for Ike,, he lives in a one gallon tank, I put 1/4 teaspoon salt and 3 small drops of medacation,, the temp stays around 72-78, I do weekly tank cleanings, but this week I have done two alredy, because it smells,, I'm really worried about him, someone PLEASE HELP FRED,,,,,!!!!!! Thank you
Bharp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 09:23 PM   #2 
AQUALUVA

either parasites or ick. Have you checked your water
AQUALUVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 09:28 PM   #3 
Bharp

Changed his water this morning, got on the form, went to local pet supply store and bought salt and , Ike Medaication, treated Fred, have not checked the water, after Medaication,
Old 09-16-2012, 09:36 PM   #4 
AQUALUVA

Make sure the water stays clean. That is very important when they are sick
AQUALUVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 09:51 AM   #5 
Bharp

I'm salting daily, started yesterday, and again this morn,, do I need to do any water changes during this time?, this is his second day not eating, and it scares me,, is it better to keep him in the dark while he is sick??? If this is parasites I feel I caught it pretty quick, but ,,,,, how long does it take after treatment starts should I see some kinda recovery from him???
Old 09-17-2012, 10:00 AM   #6 
LebronTheBetta

Whoa, don't medicate unless you know the problem... Just calm down for me and fill this out please. The temperature needs to be at least 75F or else they get sick easier. I replied to your other thread so you need to listen to me in this 1st.
LebronTheBetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 10:38 AM   #7 
Bharp

Tank size- one gallon, temp- 74,,No filter,,No air stone!, no heat,, no mates,, food- dried bloodworms & flake nix wit baby shrimp,, water change-weekly last week twice,,, change 100percent,, let water sit for 24 hours and add jungle bubble buddies water conditioner and stress coat,,,Have not tested water,, symptons-- not eating, not making bubble nest, hanging around top of tank,, dartting across tank, face in corner swimming crazy,,fin on top of his back dropped to one side , other fins just hanging, not pretty, Fred is marble blue and white now he's got more white than blue, cant really tell but looks like he might have a little white on his mouth!!!!sorry for having to send like this couldn't get form to open,, just scared and in a hurry to get HELP!!! Thank you
Old 09-17-2012, 10:43 AM   #8 
LebronTheBetta

Hm... Marble? That might explain the more brightness. You need a heater and that's probably why he's all lethargic. Picture, please?
Old 09-17-2012, 10:44 AM   #9 
Bharp

Sorry be new to this and I'm not sur hoe to post pica
Old 09-17-2012, 10:49 AM   #10 
LebronTheBetta

Just take a picture of your fish and his sickness, and download it to your computer. Then, go to "Go Advanced" right below this reply box. Click on the paper clip when you're there and select "Browse". Click your picture and upload it to here. Then you should know what to do. :)