Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Pictures
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 09-16-2012, 02:46 PM   #1 
ktlelia

Talking My New Girl! Girl?

Meet Isabella; labeled as CT female...and looks female to me, so pretty please correct me if I am wrong with her labeling. She is slightly a young one, and small, sorry if the photos are hard to tell.
My boyfriend fell hard for this one, and I thought she was darling, so I had to take her home. The moment I picked her up I thought of the name Isabella, so it stuck to me. Compared to the stock of dying, derpy, and dead bettas, she was seriously one of the only healthy ones there.
Right now, she's in a 10 gallon, filtered and heated tank by herself, and doing pretty darn great.

Now I sit here and wonder if I should:
A. Start the sorority I've always wanted to have but I'm scared that I'll mess up though I've read the sticky like 80 times. Never know unless I just do it.
B. Let Isabella be the ruler of this tank, like how I had Lychee have his own tank.
c. Put her in a slightly smaller tank by herself and give this tank to a future king of my dreams, but I honestly just don't have the room for another tank set up in my current living situation at the moment so that's a no.
ktlelia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 02:52 PM   #2 
ChoclateBetta
Banned

I would let her rule the tank. She is beatiful.
ChoclateBetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 03:28 PM   #3 
Bettanewbie60

Beautiful girl! congrats!
Bettanewbie60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 03:34 PM   #4 
DragonFish

Aww, SUCH a cutie! <3 Very beautiful little CT girlie, fantastic find! Ahh, this makes me miss having gals around....
Personally I'd go for a Sorority....because more bettas...xD....but another option is dividing the tank and putting another girl on the other side, if you're really paranoid about a sorority. ;) Just one more option to consider. xD I'm probably not helping....
DragonFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 03:36 PM   #5 
megaredize

she's stunning!
megaredize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 04:16 PM   #6 
ktlelia

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragonFish View Post
Aww, SUCH a cutie! <3 Very beautiful little CT girlie, fantastic find! Ahh, this makes me miss having gals around....
Personally I'd go for a Sorority....because more bettas...xD....but another option is dividing the tank and putting another girl on the other side, if you're really paranoid about a sorority. ;) Just one more option to consider. xD I'm probably not helping....
Thank you much!
Actually that's a great idea to split the tank! Then...maybe I could...get that pink/white one....that I fell hard for...she was also very darling...same size...cuteness...she looked a bit questionable if she was healthy though... nothing a temporary hospital tank won't fix I'm sure...ahhh I'm catching the betta fever.
ktlelia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 04:22 PM   #7 
homegrown terror

awww, she's adorable. she looks like a CT female we have, except ours has red in her anal and tail.
homegrown terror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 04:32 PM   #8 
DragonFish

Quote:
Originally Posted by ktlelia View Post
Thank you much!
Actually that's a great idea to split the tank! Then...maybe I could...get that pink/white one....that I fell hard for...she was also very darling...same size...cuteness...she looked a bit questionable if she was healthy though... nothing a temporary hospital tank won't fix I'm sure...ahhh I'm catching the betta fever.
Haha, oh yes, we all catch it sooner or later!! xD
I love dividers. I'm kinda a divider addict...xD; I divide just about anything 5 gallons and over...I just keep thinking "But if I divide, I can get one more..."
Haha, but maybe thats just the betta addiction talking....
Anywho, can't wait to see pictures of this other little gal if you decide to go that route!
Oh! Also, if in the future you do decide to do a Sorority...so long as you don't silicone the divider or anything, you can get a few more girls and remove the divider. ;)
DragonFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 10:09 PM   #9 
Jupiter

Lovely bright blue scales! I agree, I'd be too afraid to let her loose in a sorority (I'm not putting my little CT girl in either)...splitting a tank would be great though.
Jupiter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 10:22 PM   #10 
OrangeAugust

Very pretty! I'd say she's a female; her ventral fins are really short.
OrangeAugust is offline   Reply With Quote