Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 09-17-2012, 01:48 AM   #1 
revolutionrocknroll

I'm back!

I've been gone for awhile. I don't know if anyone remembers me xD I've been busy with college, dog training, work, my band, my new exchange student, and therapy for SAD and AS.
I'm ready to come back though! I got two new betta boys over the summer: Mr. Brightside, a beautiful multi colored (torquoise, red, green, white) salamander HM, and Nemo, a purple salamander dumbo/elephant ear/big ear/whatever they call them now PK (maybe HMPK, but I'm not sure). My most recent pics are on my computer at home, but here are a couple I took when I first got them:

Mr. Brightside

Nemo

And that's why I named him Nemo: he has a special fin. I was wondering if it had just torn and would grow back, but it hasn't, so now I think it might be a deformity. It doesn't cause him any trouble though, so that's good.

They were in a divided 10 gallon tank, but Mr. Brightside was a jerk and jumped the barrier when I was at work and attacked Nemo. They're both better now and in separate 2ish gallon tanks. They must have been together for a few hours, and I'm surprised they didn't fight to the death. They were just chilling out, very stressed, and Mr. Brightside was pretty ragged, but after they fought they just went to separate ends of the tank and ignored each other. But they're better now, and that's all that matters.

I also bought two mystery snails named Speedy and AppaKazoo (I actually got like 5, but those were the two that ended up living- Fluffy, Craig, and Unnamed snail died.) I had an infestation of pond snails, so I've got Speedy and AK with me in separate tanks while I'm waiting for the pond snails to die out in the 10 gallon. I'm planning to stock it this summer with my two snails and maybe some guppies.

A bit of bad news, I was patting my dog this weekend and found a wide, soft lump under her skin. I'm really scared it's malignant. Just this summer people were asking "how old is your puppy?" when we were hiking. She's 8 years old, but people thought she was 8 months xD But now I guess she's starting to show her age :/ My mom's taking her to the vet soon though.

So besides that, I guess everything's been good. How's everyone else been?
revolutionrocknroll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 01:52 AM   #2 
dramaqueen
Banned

Welcome back! I'm sorry about your dog. I hope she's ok. Maybe it won't be too serious. I've lost several fish in the last few months. It sucks.
Your fish are beautiful/
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 01:58 AM   #3 
harleraven

AWWW! Nemo is so cute! I love big ears, and PKs are my favourite.
harleraven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 02:32 AM   #4 
revolutionrocknroll

Thanks! :D I'm so glad I have them. Fish are the only pets I can have at college but just watching them swim around is so relaxing. They're great little guys.

I'm sorry about your fish, Dramaqueen :/

I'm hoping that what I felt on Mia is just one of those bumps old dogs get. I work at a doggy daycare and there are plenty of old dogs covered in lumps, bumps, warts, tumors, etc, and they're doing pretty good. They don't seem to be in pain and they've been around for a while.

Edit: Haha, I thought I had been getting over the betta bug. I had been content with four, but now I'm looking through posts on here, and especially the pictures and I'm like, "MUST. HAVE. MORE. FISH." xD Someday when I have my own place...

Last edited by revolutionrocknroll; 09-17-2012 at 02:39 AM.
revolutionrocknroll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 03:13 AM   #5 
LadyVictorian

Oh nice you are in a band as well? Sweet. And that first boy...would you mind if I kidnapped him and took him to my home where he would live forever with me?
LadyVictorian is offline   Reply With Quote