Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Diseases and Emergencies
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 09-16-2012, 03:10 PM   #1 
Friendlyfishies

Goldfish injury/fungus!

Hey everyone,
I know this is a betta thread but I thought I might get more responces here as everyones pretty swift at answering betta Q's. I have had goldfish for about a week now and my little round female must have injured her swimming fin. Yesterday she had it clamped to her side and my oranga was picking on her. I gave it a few hours to see how much the oranda would pick on her before removing her because I didnt want to seperate them if I didnt necesarily have to but I ended up having to. Now she is in a small critter keeper and today I treated her with stress coat (containing aloe) and melafix. Here are some pics of her with her fin as of today. She is not eating but is swimming normal considering she doesnt have use of that fin. Does anyone know if im treating correctly or have any other advice for me? Does it look like an injured fin that maybe contracted a bacterial infection? thats what im thinking it is yet this is my first experience with goldfish. Thank you in advance :)

Friendlyfishies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 07:44 AM   #2 
Friendlyfishies

lol I thought there were some goldfish ppl on here??? maybe I was incorrect lol. Anywho...i ended up treating with both melafix and pimafix and the fungus seems to have stopped growing and will hopefully start reversing so we can get rid of it. Poor thing is so sad.
Friendlyfishies is offline   Reply With Quote