Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 09-17-2012, 02:03 AM   #1 
harleraven

So my friends think I'm weird...

For cooing over betta faces. Whenever hubby and I go to the LFS, I head straight for the bettas. They are just so CUTE swimming around in their tanks, flaring all pretty and trying to tempt me to bring one home RIGHT now (even though my tank is not ready yet!). It's SO hard to resist! Hurry up, tank! I really want a plakat, but there was this amazing little HM flaring away like a champ yesterday. I practically melted.
harleraven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 02:24 AM   #2 
LadyVictorian

How is that crazy? I love betta's too, they are my fav freshwater fish right before red tailed sharks and guppies.

Just today I was playing my xbox laying on my bed across from Aquarius my fish. He was watching me play as he often does, a bit of a gamer himself me thinks. When my game started loading slowly I turned back and looked at him and said "It's all your fault Aquarius. You are making my game slow." I kid you not, without missing a beat he swung the front half of his body back and forth like he was shaking his head no (probably just dancing for food) but I laughed so hard and squeed. It was like he understood what I was saying and denying the blame for my slow game. GAH love these fish like crazy.
LadyVictorian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 04:34 PM   #3 
Bettanewbie60

Are you kidding? How can we not...look at this face! LOL
Name:  betta 7 004 (600x450).jpg
Views: 140
Size:  27.7 KB
Bettanewbie60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 09:48 PM   #4 
harleraven

I know! They are so CUTE! Who cares if they have scales instead of fur? They are still adorable!
harleraven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 02:12 PM   #5 
LizardFish

Aren't they just the greatest? I love watching my females interact with each other. They seem to enjoy each other's company.
LizardFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 02:40 PM   #6 
Perseusmom
TFK Moderator

Awwwww they just melt my heart too !!!! The more you get to know your Betta the more amazing they are. When Perseus looks at me and those little eyes move I just melt and that sweet adorable little fishy face just gets to me !!! I sometimes make fishy faces at him and open and close my mouth like they do and the other day I looked over and he swim over to my side of the tank and opened his mouth so wide and then swam away, wow I just about fall out of chair...lololol
Perseusmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 05:44 PM   #7 
Kitty Whiskers

Bettas are so cute, awesome, beautiful and fun that they are so easy to get addicted to... I know I'm hooked LOL I love all of my Bettas! It is OK to be Betta Crazy! Bettas are like potato Chips... You can't have just one ha ha!
Kitty Whiskers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 05:48 PM   #8 
homegrown terror

i love how bettas have so much personality in their faces, more so than just about any other fish (pretty much tied with goldfish, but i think bettas have them beat by just a scale)
homegrown terror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 02:00 AM   #9 
whimsicalbrainpan

That seems normal to me. I have stopped looking at the bettas in the pet store. I just look at their faces and can almost tell what kind of personality they have. They are so cute and I want to bring them all home. I swear I can read what Bradbury is thinking by looking at him. They are such smart, beautiful creatures.
whimsicalbrainpan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 10:56 AM   #10 
LittleFish2012

I love their faces! I love how my female convey's jealousy if she sees that I don't feed her first. Or when their eyes turn upward to the surface expecting food.

I'm pretty sure my english class thinks I'm a nut. I had to rant about betta fish as a "speech topic" and I think it went a bit too in depth.
At least when I'm here, I'm normal. We're all betta-obsessed!

Look at this face! Betsy is always sabotaging my photos. You can tell she's a clown (even though its out of focus)!
Whats even funnier is that blue female (Em) is a bully. She picks on Betsy, so Betsy doesn't like her.
Attached Images

LittleFish2012 is offline   Reply With Quote