Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 09-20-2012, 03:43 PM   #1 
LadyVictorian

For Those Fighting

Just lately I don't know if it's my depression acting up or not but I have been crying a lot over some of the things I see done to Betta fish and the horrors they are forced to live in. So here is a little something for the betta's who died, those still fighting, and those who survived the nightmare and found themselves a good home and still those who will be forced into the mouth of hell and into a battle for their life. This is for us the keepers who fight a war against the injustice to this beautiful creature. I have been searching for songs just to sort of make me feel better and listening to them with Aquarius and my ratties and I found this song I felt was perfect for those betta's still suffering. A song of their strength, desperation, and hidden hope that some day there will be a happy ending. Some day there will be freedom, some day the pain and misery will stop.

Emilie Autumn One Foot In front of the Other
LadyVictorian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 06:13 PM   #2 
toad

love it <3

hugs to you, Lady! And to all the little fishies who are suffering right now, and have in the past
toad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 08:53 PM   #3 
BettaQi

*hug*
BettaQi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 09:04 PM   #4 
RedRaz

(((HUGS))) I can understand your sadness.
RedRaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 01:09 AM   #5 
LadyVictorian

I'm going to listen to this song every day until I get my three tanks set up and can make my own little Sanctuary for a few of those suffering. I can't save them all, it's impossible but there is hope for others. The artist who wrote that song meant for it to be a reminder of the suffering of the past and the hope for a brighter tomorrow. I figure with how long I can live I can save a lot of fish through my life as I have mice and rats. As well as educate as many people as possible to hopefully change the way they are treated.

Same artists but another song that really made me think about Betta's and how they are treated and how they must feel (yes I said feel, I believe they feel fear and sadness and pain and suffering. like everything else.)

What Will I Remember

Made me really cry so hard and I feel brought me closer to my fish I have now because it's sort of a relief he does have someone who cares and who loves him and when he dies someone who will cry very hard over his passing and care enough to give him a proper funeral.
Old 09-21-2012, 09:52 AM   #6 
Pilot00

You are commendable for trying to save as much as you can. I wish I had the funds to do the same for all the pets but that cant be done at the moment.
I am dependent on my parents.

We can shoot the giant wall though with our waterpistols, if we gather enough of them, then maybe someday, the wall will crack.
Pilot00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 12:49 PM   #7 
LadyVictorian

I agree, if we keep trying together and stand up together times will change and fish will be treated better in stores and homes alike.
Old 09-21-2012, 03:05 PM   #8 
Kitty Whiskers

Oh wow those are deep meaningful songs. I can see myself in the point of view of a Betta with the words of those songs. Breaks my heart.

Imagine all the little Betta Fry swimming around soon after coming into this world and they think the world is beautiful and bright and they are happy without a care in the world... Till they reach a store that does not care properly for them, or new owners that treat them as an object and not as a living precious pet. Dirty water, improper care, bad food....the list goes on.

They may not be human, or be like other pets that have fur or feathers but they are still alive and born into this world and deserve all the same good things in life as any human or animal in this world gets.

A living thing is a living thing and it is up to us to make their world a happy healthy one. They are helpless and can't do it themselves.
Kitty Whiskers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 03:27 PM   #9 
LadyVictorian

Indeed

Any baby animal no matter what species is carefree and excited to explore their world. So full of wonder and ready to learn. Not just baby humans. You can watch a kitten or puppy exploring their world and enjoying their life. Same with baby mice and rats, once they can walk they start to play with one another and wander as far from mom seeing what they can find, looking for new adventures and returning to safety. I feel even fish have that. I can see Aquarius when he explores new things in his tank, he still has that excited curiosity.

To think these babies grow up from their joy and innocents to suffer. It's very heartbreaking. Though people say fish can't feel I think they can. They feel bad when they are sick and they do have memories which can last up to 6 months. Imagine how they feel knowing once they had space and food, and clean water and now they are ill, starving, in poor water, and can't escape it. How betrayed they must feel in their own way.
Old 09-21-2012, 04:07 PM   #10 
Kitty Whiskers

So true! Babies....Human, Furry, Feathered, Scales or whatever they are rely on us, they trust us. Why would anyone destroy that? You shouldn't have pets (Or human babies even) if you can't take proper care of them willingly. Of if you don't care about them enough to learn how to care for them the right way.

Sure, new pet owners or those who get a species of pet they haven't ever had before can make mistakes and unintentionally do harm that might mean sickess or the end of life for their pets. It is alwas best to research a new pet BEFORE you get one....BUT If you are willing to learn about your pets, learn from your mistakes, seek help from experianced pet owners, and learn about their proper care and try as best as you can then you deserve to have a pet... if not, then you do not deserve to be in charge of any life that is helpless and dependant on you for their wellbeing in life.

Thanks to all the people here on Bettafish.com because you all care enough about your fish to even come here and learn about Bettas and to help others out with their own Bettas plus gently guiding new Betta owners out on the right path in Betta ownership. :)
Kitty Whiskers is offline   Reply With Quote