Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 09-17-2012, 10:16 AM   #1 
Friendlyfishies

anyone have the evolve 8?

So I now have 3 evolve 4's and I love them! They are simple, clean and when you baffle the filter theyre pretty quiet, im a fan! The only downfall seems to be the size of the 4's ...I think its supposed to be a 4 gal but it turns out to be about 2 gals because the filter compartment in the back takes up almost half the tank. The lighting is also quite nice. So with my experience with these id really like to try an evolve 8 for Moonie. Right now hes in a 6.6 petco bookshelf tank but im finding it hard to care for and its really in the way in the dining room, so im thinking the evolve 8 would fit nicely on the end table in the living room. He'd get more attention in there and I think the tank will be much simpler to care for but um guessing since these evolve 4's were so small the 8 will probably be a 4 gal in reality? But thats why im asking on here if anyone has one.

If you have one, would you mind sharing a picture so I can get any idea of the size? Ive googled it but all im seeing for pics are coral reefs :/ I really want to see how big the betta is in the tank

Thank you!
Friendlyfishies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 10:37 AM   #2 
DiiQue

I have the 8 and love it. As soon as I get a good base made, I will definitely buy another one. Here are pics of my tank: http://s1159.photobucket.com/albums/...%20Stuff/Fish/

I think the "livable" space is actually around 6.5+ gallons. It is super heavy though (I was stupid enough to carry it out with full water and my back hated me for it!). The pics that are sideways (been lazy to right-size them) are what it looks like now. My HM that was in there originally passed away so I moved Dr. Z into the bigger tank and he just loves it. A lot more swimming space than his old 1.5g.

Dont hesitate to PM me should you have other questions/concerns.

Last edited by DiiQue; 09-17-2012 at 10:40 AM.
DiiQue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 10:56 AM   #3 
fryup

I live in the UK and work in a pet shop, who makes those tanks I'd love to get some in? ? :):):)
Posted via Mobile Device
fryup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 11:02 AM   #4 
Friendlyfishies

The tank is made by Aqueon. Thanks DQ! perfect! the pics show'd me exactly what I wanted to see...looks like I will have enough space for all his plants in there and he will still have enough space to move around happily! :D
Old 09-17-2012, 08:02 PM   #5 
leafythegreat

I have one and love it! The stock LED seems to keep my plants happy. I love having the extra "floor" space from the square design, too. Here's mine: http://www.flickr.com/photos/sarah_h...7631544976747/
leafythegreat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 08:05 PM   #6 
Friendlyfishies

DQ and LTG your tanks look awesome! :D
Old 09-18-2012, 03:34 AM   #7 
acitydweller

Other than modifying the return outlet of the rear sump, the tank is relatively easy to maintain. I also had two 4 gallon evolves side by side and bettas which commonly dueled through the acrylic. I must admit, the acrylic is a bit soft and the tank will likely bow more in the 8 gallon having larger wall surface. The bowing is evident when you attempt to install the top lid and have the brackets pop up e lid under this warping of the sides of the tank. This was the case with both of my aqueons. If this doesn't trouble you, then I'd say go for it.

I also found the rear sump to be less than ideal and would much prefer a nano canister or traditional hob. If I were to do this over, I would much prefer the finnex rimless or something like that.
acitydweller is offline   Reply With Quote