Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Planted Betta Tanks
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 05-15-2015, 07:11 AM   #1 
aqua hero

Should i leave him or move him back home?

i recently moved my betta out of his real home which was a small 8 gallon tank. because of the back ground he kept flaring at his reflection and as a result bit off parts of his fins. whats worse is that the tail biting happened months before but his fins were almost fully healed until recently he just bit his fins off. also this time it was worse than the last time. i got really pissed off because all that hard work was just destroyed in a matter of days.

but because i love my betta i decided to move him into my bigger empty 30 gallon planted tank and boy ever since that day he has never stopped moving. i have never seen him so active. in my 8 gallon he was very active moving around the plants but in here he is investigating everything and is making fully effect of the aquascape. something other fish wouldnt do. also as i have peat filtration his fins have been growing back faster.

its so fun watching him go from swimming in between rock tunnels and driftwood to laying on the white sand like a beach to resting/sleeping in on the fin leaves of the guppy grass. its like an adventure for him. the only sad thing is that that tank is meant for an amazon setup. because i have been saving up money i dont have the amazon fish such as ember tetra, green neons, blue rams and hatchet fish. and i REALLY want an amazon theme tank. i am thinking of rescapaing the 8 gallon into a miniature version of the 30 gallon but that will be in the later future.

so guys should i keep him in there or move him out?
aqua hero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2015, 01:20 PM   #2 
Zippy2014

In my opinion, I'd leave him alone now. If he's happy in that tank then let him be. Maybe it was just what the doctor ordered as they say. I'm glad he's having such a good time.
Zippy2014 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2015, 04:30 PM   #3 
aqua hero

uhhhh its such a hard decision cause for months i have had the tank specifically designed for the south Americans but the betta swims and utilizes the tank so much better than any other fish would i have to leave him in there. he just loves it. i will put some of the mini tetra like embers and green neons and some dwarf hatchet fish but no rams.

i have had success with betta and tetras, and since this guy doesnt even attack cherry shrimp he should be fine. the schools will be 15 strong so all will be satisfied.
Old 05-15-2015, 06:12 PM   #4 
Zippy2014

you had a betta living with tetras ?
Zippy2014 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2015, 12:34 AM   #5 
aqua hero

I had bettas with tetra before like neon and glowlights for years and I never had problems. From what I learnt if the tetra are in a big school they will mind their own business

Tags
30 gallon aquarium, amazon biotope, betta, flaring, help betta is biting tail