Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Planted Betta Tanks
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 07-21-2015, 07:04 PM   #1 
Julie7778

New betta tank and lighting?

hey guys! So I recently moved my betta Kiko into a 8 gallon rimless with the fluval 13W light. It's heavily planted. Honestly, he seems so much happier and playful and seeing him like this makes me want to get another betta! My birthdays coming up and I have money saved and I think now that I have my 65 gallon done I can set up a new tank.

So do you guys know any good kits? But that comes with a good light that will grow pretty good like the fluval one. I'm preferably looking for a rimless.

Or any good lights that aren't to expensive and can fit on a tank with a rim.

I'm not sure what my best option is. Any tips or ideas welcome
Julie7778 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2015, 06:36 AM   #2 
nympxzie

I've never had good experiences with kits let alone lights that can actually grow anything that come in a kit.

If you are looking for cheap lighting get T8 bulbs and stick them in a T8 light fixture you can get at home depot for $10. This is what I use
nympxzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2015, 04:34 PM   #3 
Julie7778

Quote:
Originally Posted by nympxzie View Post
I've never had good experiences with kits let alone lights that can actually grow anything that come in a kit.

If you are looking for cheap lighting get T8 bulbs and stick them in a T8 light fixture you can get at home depot for $10. This is what I use
Do you have a link to it? I searched it up but I'm not sure if it's what you mean.
Old 07-24-2015, 08:27 PM   #4 
RussellTheShihTzu
TFK Moderator

I have Finnex Stingray LED fixtures on all of my tanks. They are cheaper at www.aquavibrant.com than they are on Amazon. I really liked fluorescent but switched to LED when I calculated the cost of replacing the bulbs every six months. A two-light fixture for my 20 long was around $60 per year.

Both kept my plants growing well; it was just a matter of economics.
RussellTheShihTzu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2015, 02:02 AM   #5 
Julie7778

Quote:
Originally Posted by RussellTheShihTzu View Post
I have Finnex Stingray LED fixtures on all of my tanks. They are cheaper at www.aquavibrant.com than they are on Amazon. I really liked fluorescent but switched to LED when I calculated the cost of replacing the bulbs every six months. A two-light fixture for my 20 long was around $60 per year.

Both kept my plants growing well; it was just a matter of economics.
Do you know if they would be able to ship To Canada? That's usually my main problem.

Tags
betta, lighting, new addition