Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Planted Betta Tanks
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 07-02-2014, 03:12 AM   #591 
AlgarveblueVT

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by FishyFishy89 View Post
Seachem lists all their dealers here. I did a search for Portugal.
Seachem Dealer Locator

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

Probably they are in Lisbon- the capital.
I live in the Algarve south of the country- my nearest store only supplies either Sera or API.
AlgarveblueVT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2014, 05:14 AM   #592 
AlgarveblueVT

Thumbs up anamo shrimp

Quote:
Originally Posted by FishyFishy89 View Post
Are you sure it is a body and not just a shed?
Have you been testing your water params?

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

good news
did a big water change today and cut some aquatic grass and plants back, and suddenly found 2 more shrimp

so I have 3 active shrimp.
AlgarveblueVT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2014, 04:05 AM   #593 
kittenfish

That's great! They are really good at disappearing.
kittenfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2014, 12:08 PM   #594 
rhapsodyqueen

I recently started my first npt and everything seems to be going great but I would like some advice if I have enough of a variety of plants. I have one Anubias attached to driftwood, 3 or 4 java fern stems, floating wisteria, banana plant, a moss ball and my most recently acquired plant crypt wendtii (brown variety I believe). The banana plant already has a new leaf and wisteria is growing like crazy. It had no roots when I bought it and it now has a few roots growing out the ends.
I haven't had any ammonia problems. Tank is 5 gallons and for light I'm using the stock LED lamp that came with the tank (tetra crescent) I'm thinking about upgrading the lighting soon but the plants seem to be doing well with the low light.
Should I add any more plants? I was thinking java moss or dwarf sag?
Also, I had curly willow in the tank but I took it out today because one of the branches had a fluffy clearish/white fungus/algae growing on it. I only had it in there for two days and I cleaned it pretty good before putting it in.
rhapsodyqueen is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2014, 07:25 AM   #595 
sponge1234

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhapsodyqueen View Post
I recently started my first npt and everything seems to be going great but I would like some advice if I have enough of a variety of plants. I have one Anubias attached to driftwood, 3 or 4 java fern stems, floating wisteria, banana plant, a moss ball and my most recently acquired plant crypt wendtii (brown variety I believe). The banana plant already has a new leaf and wisteria is growing like crazy. It had no roots when I bought it and it now has a few roots growing out the ends.
I haven't had any ammonia problems. Tank is 5 gallons and for light I'm using the stock LED lamp that came with the tank (tetra crescent) I'm thinking about upgrading the lighting soon but the plants seem to be doing well with the low light.
Should I add any more plants? I was thinking java moss or dwarf sag?
Also, I had curly willow in the tank but I took it out today because one of the branches had a fluffy clearish/white fungus/algae growing on it. I only had it in there for two days and I cleaned it pretty good before putting it in.
You need a few more stems and more rooted plants.
sponge1234 is offline   Reply With Quote