Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Spawn Logs
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 09-18-2012, 10:18 PM   #11 
vilmarisv

These are the ones I use and love http://www.drsfostersmith.com/produc...fm?pcatid=3954
If you buy from this site make sure you select the actual filters instead of the "Repl. Sponge" because that is just for the sponge.
These come with extra sponges anyway which I have never used because they are very durable. I actually use my extra sponges to clean my containers :P
vilmarisv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 11:22 PM   #12 
CandiceMM

Good luck on this spawn, they are very beautiful!! You should do fine with them seeing as there are so many helpful pro's on here :)
CandiceMM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 01:09 PM   #13 
ashleyluss

I received my female in the mail yesterday! She's very healthy and happy, and swimming around the tank with curiosity.

I also purchased a few apple snails for the tank - any information I should know about those? I have read that they are a suitable tankmate for bettas, as they have a hard shell and the fish won't be able to kill them (haha).

I'm very excited about getting my male!
ashleyluss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 02:51 AM   #14 
Maddybelle

I breed apple snails, LOL. They CAN be good tank mates for bettas, but it really depends on the fish's personality. The fish eating them isn't really much of a worry, but they can, and many will, nip at the snail's body and tentacles until they close up into their shells and are afraid to come out again! They can starve to death, or die of simple stress. Both of my male bettas are fine with the snails (they're a great place for a nap!) Just keep a close eye on them, and feed the snails well. They'll clean up extra fish food, but most won't really touch algae.
Maddybelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 07:05 PM   #15 
laynisample

Opaque white bettas are my dream. I love them so much. I will definitely be stalking this thread, especially if you decide to sell/give away any of the spawn.
laynisample is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 08:06 PM   #16 
ashleyluss

This is my first spawn, so I mainly intend to give them all away. Haha. I would be happy to give you one for just the price of the shipping if it's successful!
Old 09-30-2012, 08:08 PM   #17 
ashleyluss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maddybelle View Post
I breed apple snails, LOL. They CAN be good tank mates for bettas, but it really depends on the fish's personality. The fish eating them isn't really much of a worry, but they can, and many will, nip at the snail's body and tentacles until they close up into their shells and are afraid to come out again! They can starve to death, or die of simple stress. Both of my male bettas are fine with the snails (they're a great place for a nap!) Just keep a close eye on them, and feed the snails well. They'll clean up extra fish food, but most won't really touch algae.
I read (on the website you showed me) that they eat brine shrimp, so I gave them a bit of the frozen brine shrimp I have and they devoured it! It was entertaining. Haha.