Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 09-18-2012, 05:55 PM   #11 
Spiderling00

They are so cute! Makes me miss having rats!
Spiderling00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 05:59 PM   #12 
LadyVictorian

Oh what beautiful babies. They are VERY young it seems. I would think a little dog food and milk bones would benifit them. Either that or live meal worms, yum.
LadyVictorian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 06:05 PM   #13 
LaLaLeyla

Aww what cute wittle babies. ; w ; I remember when my boys were that little.

If you have any cardboard around the house like toilet paper tubes would be an awesome little toy for them.
LaLaLeyla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 06:07 PM   #14 
PaulO

lol ok thanks guys (and gals), I wa swondering if this would be an ok setup for them:

Cage: http://www.petsmart.com/product/inde...&lmdn=Pet+Type

Bedding: http://www.petsmart.com/product/inde...ductId=2755138

Food: http://www.petsmart.com/product/inde...&lmdn=Pet+Type

I know it's not the best but unfortunately my wallet has been through WWII I blew most of my money so i have to create something reasonably priced so parents don't freak :(, I had to blow all my money last week on the 5.5 gallon along with,food,decoration,pump,and filter.
PaulO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 06:17 PM   #15 
LaLaLeyla

Sounds good for now. Filling that cage with toys/wood chews/hammocks would be great. But as they grow up that cage will probably end up being too small for them.
LaLaLeyla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 06:19 PM   #16 
LynnO

Awwwwww!! They are so sweet, and very lucky that you and your mom happened upon them!
LynnO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 06:41 PM   #17 
PaulO

Yeah I don't think they were out there very long luckily, oh also we attempted to do a gender check , my mom says she didn't see any testes so they're both probably girls. I trust her judgment because when she was my age she pretty much had a rabbit farm, she would raise/feed/take care of them then sell or kill to help the family financially as they were growing up. Also i have been feeding them ripe yellow bananas and bread temporarily until we can go out and but the stuff. The little one is pretty active but the other one just sleeps, I will probably keep an eye on her for a few days to determine if it was just exhaustion/no sleep.
Old 03-05-2013, 05:38 PM   #18 
PaulO

Sadly some time either last night or this morning cocoa died. I know this isn't where the memorials are so if a mod could move it to that spot I would appreciate it. I just felt it would be appropriate to end the story at the place where it started.

Cocoa I found you in a orange bucket out on the street on a night in September. I can clearly remember your curious little eyes looking up at me as we stared at you sitting on that pile of wood in the bucket. I promised to take both you and misty home and give you the most I can but if I said I did it would be a lie. I never truly appreciated you or gave you the love I silently promised you I would. Everyday you would look at me through the bars on your cage waiting to be taken out and held. I should have taken you out at the least every day and held you but I kept you locked in that cage and yet you patiently waited for me to honor my promise.

Everyday you would wait climbing the cage and looking at me me but I was always doing something, I always had something that kept me busy but it was something I could have left alone and instead taken you out and given you my love and attention. It was always what you wanted and when you did get you always crawled into my pocket and quietly fell asleep.

The truly saddest thing is now that you are gone I can see how I neglected you, but you always forgave me and I ask one more time for you to forgive me. I don't know if there is an afterlife but I will allow myself a moment of naivety and say there is. And I hope that in that better place you have everything you ever wanted. I cannot describe everything and anything I wish to tell you or how I feel. They say a picture is worth a thousand words but if it is true than emotions must be worth millions. I will remember you and cherish what you gave me and regret what little I gave back. I wish you the sweetest dreams my little cocoa and I hope you wait for me when it is my turn to meet you no matter how long or short it will be. Sleep sweetly.

Last edited by PaulO; 03-05-2013 at 05:52 PM.