Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 09-21-2012, 08:20 AM   #1 
ao
TFK Moderator

Unhappy it's not healinggg D:

Kuro tail bit a while back... and it's stopped healing at a certain point T_T
Anyone else had this problem? Nothing wrong with his water... no fin rot. It just feels like the cells and tissues all unanimously agree to stop regenerating :/

Right now...

when he tail bit

arrrrrrghhh
*%%#[*{*}+}+#=#{*]^]#{}*}^{*]%\~~,,_]*/$:&28

T_T
ao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 08:47 AM   #2 
ANHEL123

i know you saying nothing wrong with his water but still how much and how often you change his water. I have tail bitter and his tail heals very fast all the time with extra water changes. Well i do for him 100% water changes.
Also not sure but i don't see anything wrong with his tail, unless it was different before .
ANHEL123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 08:50 AM   #3 
ao
TFK Moderator

I don't really change his water that much, I do a lot of top offs... Actually I think he hates the water being changed. He skuls everytime I do one, even if it's a 35%. :/ I have Cherry Shrimps living happily in there so I know there's no metals toxins or anything in the water...My water could be hard, I try to keep it a little on the hard side for the inverts, been wondering if that's the problem.

His tail used to be round....

oh, and I've seen Kuro's tail heal... the top part of his bite healed in like two days... the bottom... just stopped healing

pic of the old tail, pre tail bite

Last edited by ao; 09-21-2012 at 08:53 AM.
Old 09-21-2012, 08:55 AM   #4 
ao
TFK Moderator

Double posting.... and he's still growing his tail... :/ not sure if that has anything to do with it...

and clearer photos for reference
http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y25...u/IMG_0941.png

Last edited by ao; 09-21-2012 at 08:59 AM.
Old 09-21-2012, 09:59 AM   #5 
ANHEL123

Sorry not agree with water changes. Minimum of the 50% water changes i would do. And just take longer time to acclimate. It should help if you have hard water. I know someone on the forum who has heard water issues and take really long time to acclimate. If you want i can ask her what exactly she does. Let me know...
Make sure you wash your filter regularly and vacuum the gravel.
I am really thinking that you need just more water changes though :)
Old 09-21-2012, 10:11 AM   #6 
ao
TFK Moderator

XD I have a NPT with a sand cap :P
i did a daily water change almost everyday last week trying to get tannins out of my tank. ended up using purigen.
That's kind of when his tail stop healing. The filter was also taken out recently and replaced. But there hasn't been any ammonia nitrite or nitrate. Those levels are always at 0ppm. I keep the filter mainly for water flow and to even the temperature of the tank out.
Old 09-21-2012, 11:26 AM   #7 
sunlight

sorry was just reading...
sunlight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 11:30 AM   #8 
ANHEL123

Sorry i really never cycling my tanks and i don't understand cycling and i don't like to use anything besides just water conditioner . I think any extra product has some kind of chemicals and can do more harm that better. So i would rather change water a lot then use anything. Even if it organic ....

And how i understand that his tail was getting better with daily water changes and stopped healing when you use purigen? Because his tail looks good even if it not fully growing still looks good and i would think that if you did daily water changes last week that is exactly what helped him. So this is the answer not sure how big is your tank but i would recommend to do 100% water changes or 50% and 100% weekly.

Did you see those links? I am going to post amazing links from this forum for you. Actually 2 links when people did 100% water changes and how much it helped.
see page 1; page 43 #422 and see page 42 and page 52 Amazing right!

and i can give you anothre link if you want about frequent water changes. I think it the best. I don't have any problem with my betttas whatsoever with 100% changes. Of course need acclimation. If you will make sure new water temp the same as his when you do 100% changes and if you will take time to acclimate him buy adding new water in his cup and let him used to it you should not have any problem. If you have hard water you should take longer time to let him acclimate to the chemistry

www.bettafish.com/showthread.php?t=108151
Old 09-21-2012, 11:31 AM   #9 
ao
TFK Moderator

oO
a lurker!

his tail stopped healing when I began doing the water changes :s it's weird...
i think I'll isolate him and see if daily water changes will help. I'll also take a look at the links :)
Purigen is a super porous filter medi which is similar to carbon. it extracts tannins and other stuff from the water with a higher efficiency than carbon :)
Think of it as a super fine filter media that traps microscopic particles :D

Last edited by ao; 09-21-2012 at 11:38 AM.
Old 09-21-2012, 11:58 AM   #10 
ANHEL123

Yes but you have to give it a time. I am not sure how long it takes for tail to grow but it takes time. And actually his tail growing pretty good, well not sure how bad it was before though. I post another link you will see it....in another post that you are also in...
I really would not use any chemicals though.